Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL 6-max Zoom KK OOP

Old
10NL 6-max Zoom KK OOP - Sat Dec 14, 2013, 10:56 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, villains is playing 13/9/2 and AF=2.7 over 123 hands.

The river is a check fold ?

Cheers!

Old
Sat Dec 14, 2013, 03:19 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by fp_boss77 View Post
Hi, villains is playing 13/9/2 and AF=2.7 over 123 hands.

The river is a check fold ?

Cheers!
I think, actually, that this river is a bet-fold. Once the second ace arrives on the board, we are more likely to have the best hand than we did on the flop. When villain checks back the turn I think that should further embolden us to value bet the river.

If villain raises we should have an easy fold as we would expect this with AX and better and it should rarely be a bluff. If villain has aces-up with a pocket pair they are very likely to pay us off.

Checking doesn't have much value, especially if we are going to fold to a bet. We wouldn't expect villain to bluff once they take a passive/give-up route on the turn.

So yeah, I think it all adds up to bet-fold. We shouldn't count on villain value betting worse pocket pairs, and besides, we can get a call from them anyways.

Last edited by GarethC23; Sat Dec 14, 2013 at 03:22 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com