Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL 6-max Zoom AKo on missed flop

Old
10NL 6-max Zoom AKo on missed flop - Sat Dec 14, 2013, 11:02 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, villain is playing 32/27/9 and AF=2.5 over 79 hands.

Again, hard time with AK hands that don't hit the flop. What you think of my line here ?

Cheers!

Old
Sat Dec 14, 2013, 02:59 PM
(#2)
Hi fp!

I like your pf 3b and the sizing. The utg villain will have a lot of pocket pairs and AJ+ hands when he calls. Once he checks to you on the flop, I would make a c-bet. You don't have anything yet, but with so much in the pot, I would take a stab at it.

As played, I would fold on the turn, but call if I had the A of clubs since this will give you clear flush outs on the river. As it stands the situation is pretty unlcear on the turn and your flush outs may not be good since Ax hands make up a large part of the villain's range. He may be holding the A of clubs.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 10:32 AM
(#3)
I'm a little confused here, sorry.
But betting the flop is not going to fold any pocket pairs, and I'm dominating all of his AJ,AQ hands, which will probably fold the flop and perhaps xc if he has the A of clubs. So I loose less if I ed up hitting my flush, and have a chance to hit my K or A to beat his pocket pairs.

Any thoughts ?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com