Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

JTs

Old
JTs - Sat Dec 14, 2013, 04:36 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013

How do we play the river when we hit our draw here?

Old
Sat Dec 14, 2013, 04:53 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
I don't min bet-folding the river. That being said I would probably bet the turn or check-raise. Check-call is fine given our equity but there may be better options available. Its hard to get river value when we bet- out after check-calling. How could we be bluffing? It is easier to get value if we go bet-bet-bet. I would probably fold to a turn raise if I bet myself, but it depends a lot on the size.

Old
Sat Dec 14, 2013, 05:47 PM
(#3)
I thought that betting a paired turn was bad? Even with a gutter and a flush draw, would you bet a blank turn also then with a flush draw?

Like AKss on Js 6h 9s 2c

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 10:35 AM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2011
Yeah I would Mike, I think that's a spot where real equity is high enough to bet.

Betting is often about real equity + fold equity. When one is high enough you can bet no matter where the second one is at.

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 12:07 PM
(#5)
Ok cool ive noted that i can take that line but for now il keep to my method un till i can play the river better, maybe you could give me one example of when you miss the river and its a good river to move all in?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com