Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Reg 16NL 6-Max:

Old
Reg 16NL 6-Max: - Sat Dec 14, 2013, 05:14 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012
Misclicked and couldn't even finish the tittle.
How much value can I get with TPTK on a dry board MW.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.16 BB (5 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com/

MP ($22.95)
Button ($20.87)
SB ($20.64)
BB ($16)
Low Rated (UTG) ($16.72)

Preflop: Low Rated is UTG with A, Q
Low Rated raises to $0.48, MP calls $0.48, Button calls $0.48, SB calls $0.40, 1 fold

Flop: ($2.08) Q, 8, 2 (4 players)
SB bets $0.64, Low Rated calls $0.64, MP calls $0.64, 1 fold

Turn: ($4) 4 (3 players)
SB checks, Low Rated bets $2.10, 1 fold, SB calls $2.10

River: ($8.20) 6 (2 players)
SB checks, Low Rated bets $3.13, SB calls $3.13

Total pot: $14.46 | Rake: $0.65

Results below:
Click to show hidden text

Sorry misclicked and couldnt finish the tittle

Villain in SB is marked as a recreational player.

Don't think there is a reason to fold OTF.
OTT he checks and I make a value bet of just over half pot into 2 villains. I think this could maybe have been a little bigger.
OTR he checks and I think that I should be going for a third street of value here, the plan of course is to b/f to a x/r. I dont particularly like my sizing, how big can I reasonably bet here to get max value from weaker hands in his range like like Qx/99-JJ/8x and w/e garbage he may have and decide to call with?

Last edited by Low Rated; Sat Dec 14, 2013 at 05:23 PM..

Old
Sat Dec 14, 2013, 09:00 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
From my fish like calling habits on the river, you should not ask max than tiny bit over half pot. This particular situation having KQ I would call maybe 4.4. He seems determined to call though, donk with calling turn bet, so in this hand he maybe would have called more.

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 01:18 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2012
I'd be raising vs the flop donk.

I'd also bet bigger OTT and OTR. Think we've missed a bit of value here.

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 04:19 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Raising flop is an option, but since we can get up to 3 streets from a queen anyway and the board isn't all thta wet we can also call and keep stuff like 8x, midpairs and gutters in that will probably fold to a raise.

Turn and river I'd bet a little bigger as I feel like we should now focus on getting max value from worse queens after SB checks. In my experience I don't see SB folding a queen even if we bet 1/2 to 2/3 pot here.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com