QQ - Sat Dec 14, 2013, 05:43 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013

Good fold?

Old
Sat Dec 14, 2013, 05:58 PM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2012
Since no info I take it villains are unknowns.

UTG open and 2 callers so I think a value 3-bet is almost always called for given we don't really want to see a flop for so cheap MW and OOP. I also would value bet this flop almost always but after the mid-stack raises and pretty much puts himself all in I also think its a fold. Their ranges are heavily weighted towards middle/small PPs and I can't really see a mid-stacker not 3-betting himself with AQ-AK+/TT-JJ or getting it in after we squeeze. I think he may have too many hands in his range that beat us in order for a call to be profitable.

Old
Sat Dec 14, 2013, 10:11 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2013
Villain_1 raise size is something which makes me think he has mostly sets here.

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 01:16 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2012
If it was HU vs V1 i'd be going with QQ here.

Since we have V6 behind, it makes me lean towards a fold.

If you do choose to continue I think we should be reshoving to isolate.

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 03:43 AM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2013
BronzeStar
easy fold, I put v6 on an overpair and V1 probably a set or some pair, you played flop poorly in my eyes, it is not reccomended to raise 0.8 when the pot is over 0.6 already they are getting 2 3 or 4 to 1 odds, do consider making it atleast 1+ next time I would do it 1.1-1.2 in order to avoid those situations when you c-bet the flop but cant call a shove, against 1 opponent it would be much easier or even taking the pot down on the flop right away is awesome with QQ.

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 06:20 AM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalkor View Post
easy fold, I put v6 on an overpair and V1 probably a set or some pair, you played flop poorly in my eyes, it is not reccomended to raise 0.8 when the pot is over 0.6 already they are getting 2 3 or 4 to 1 odds, do consider making it atleast 1+ next time I would do it 1.1-1.2 in order to avoid those situations when you c-bet the flop but cant call a shove, against 1 opponent it would be much easier or even taking the pot down on the flop right away is awesome with QQ.
I dont understand, what do you mean its not recommended to raise the flop 0.8 when the pot is over 0.6, are we saying my cbet was to small?

If that is the case the reason i sized smaller was because i didnt want to encourage the 100bb stack to shove when i had the guy who was deep with me.

Here is what happened in the hand

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 06:23 AM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2011
I think Phalkor meant pre-flop, but 80c looks fine to me. It's a pot-sized raise. As played, I like your line. I'd bet half pot and fold on the flop (not closing the action), expecting to see sets, two pairs and occasional straights.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 10:26 AM
(#8)
Since: Nov 2011
I don't really like folding here mike.

I think we have a choice between check-folding this flop and bet-calling. If we bet, we put so much money into the pot as a portion of the button's stack that I think we have to go with it.

Now, that is to say go with it versus the button. The other player in the pot has a ton of money behind. So should we call the button's shove, raise some small amount, or raise a big amount, after they shove? I think both raising small, ie clicking it back, and calling are good options. I think raising a big amount is a bad option because the cutoff is going to react most often by either folding or calling with better.

So then we can call or click it back. I like clicking it back because we could fold to a shove, but get called by worse and then value shove most turns ourselves. This is going to create a large pot and a marginal situation, but that's what happens when two 300bb stacks fight over a 100bb stack.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com