Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL Stacking off with QQ

Old
2NL Stacking off with QQ - Sun Dec 15, 2013, 06:54 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013
Notes on villains said his 3bet range was AKo. Should I be folding to a 4/5bet or be happy to get my chips in?
I could swear everyone folds when I get AA but my KK/QQ always find them.

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 08:33 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
I'd just fold to his 5Bet. At 2NL, villains never 5Bet with anything other than AA, maybe very rarely KK.

Particularly when they raise small like this, they're begging for a call.

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 09:05 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
Just call the 3-bet and use your position to narrow villain's range. On this board, you could call flop, and fold to a turn barrel, because villain is unlikely to bet again with AK, so his range is more likely to be KK+ if he fires two streets.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 08:16 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi nash,

I agree, unless the villain is a lag or wild player, just fold to his 5b, like spand said it's almost always AA at 2NL. And don't 4b without a clear plan, flatting the 3b in position would be superior to 4b/folding. I would only 4b with QQ here if my intent was to go all the way with it.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 16, 2013, 12:02 AM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2013
Is there a range I should be 2/3/4 betting at 2NL?

2-3bet AK+
4bet QQ+

Old
Mon Dec 16, 2013, 10:30 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBNash View Post
Is there a range I should be 2/3/4 betting at 2NL?

2-3bet AK+
4bet QQ+
Not unless you want to stay in 2NL.

The ranges for these actions are situationally specific. You're getting answers like "at 2NL" because you're not playing with reads. Start by focusing on player observation, take notes on villains, determine if they're loose or tight, if their raising ranges are strong or not, how light or tight they'll stack off, etc. Then you can start constructing ranges more situationally instead of treating every opponent like a random unknown, which will improve your win rate along with your experience level, and get you out of 2NL sooner.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com