(#1)
Since: Sep 2010

No info on villain.

Should I have bet/folded the turn?

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 09:56 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
I'm not sure if the hand analysers will agree, but I think I'd check back the flop, as I'd also do that with AK, KK+. It's going to take a maximum of 2 streets to get villain's stack in the middle, so I'm in no hurry, and I don't want him folding JJ-99 on the flop, when those hands will likely pay off on later streets if you make it "obvious" you don't have a king.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 08:29 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi spand,

I actually think checking back the flop is fine here as well. It's pretty hard to get value from worse hands c-betting this flop, and better hands will never fold.

As played, I agree with checking back the turn 100%... his flop check/calling range I would think is largely big kings and diamond draws, so he's there on the turn like all the time. Yet we have some equity with our QQ+ diamond. And we have an easy fold then on the river when we don't improve and he makes a large bet, shoving all in.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com