Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

odds to call with pp preflop

Old
odds to call with pp preflop - Sun Dec 15, 2013, 09:40 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2013
BronzeStar
i still dont know what are good odds to call with smallpocketpair preflop? i usually call when enemy and i have 10*(size of raise) so headsup and size 0.6c i would call if he had 6$.... is dat good or not?
what about 3way pot like this one?
what about 4way?
most of times i heard that u should use rule of twenty , like dat he must have 20*sizeOfreraise ... but isnt that a bit tight?

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 09:45 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
I usually go with 15:1 when in position, 20:1 when OOP, as it's harder to win stacks when out of position.
Here you need to call 45c, so if you want to use 20:1, you need to win 45*20=$9. There's $1.42 in the pot, and around $8 behind, so set-mining is fine here. Heads up, it would be a fold, since there wouldn't be that extra 60c of dead money in the pot.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 10:18 AM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
I usually go with 15:1 when in position, 20:1 when OOP, as it's harder to win stacks when out of position.
Here you need to call 45c, so if you want to use 20:1, you need to win 45*20=$9. There's $1.42 in the pot, and around $8 behind, so set-mining is fine here. Heads up, it would be a fold, since there wouldn't be that extra 60c of dead money in the pot.
thanks, dat makes sense, i found myself so often in this situation and always made loose calls like i said 10:1 which looks bad when compared to ur odds.... i will tighten up at these situations from now on, cuz i m sooo often in this situation in zoom, cuz we haz 100bb(5$) and when someone reraise(most of time its 45c or 60c) i end up calling 45c a lot and sometimes when i have 6$ then 60c too

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 10:22 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2013
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...ing-101-Part-1

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/art...ing-101-Part-2

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/blo...ule-of-Call-20

Surely 10x is good in the example you provided?

Last edited by braveslice; Sun Dec 15, 2013 at 10:42 AM..

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 04:31 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
10 is too loose, i just used that without reason lol, now i know better i also didnt take in account position

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 09:00 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi GL,

I use roughly 15-1 implied, which as Arty has already done the math we have easily here, and player 6 showing strength so a reasonable expectation to get post flop action when we catch an 8... I would call here and see the flop.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 17, 2013, 02:13 PM
(#7)
BronzeStar
btw im curious if same odds apply for calling with small suited connectors?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com