Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Online Events /

Sunday Storm $1 million

Old
Sunday Storm $1 million - Sun Dec 15, 2013, 10:42 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi all I'm sure lots of us are playing the storm today.

I will try to put updates here and it would be great if PSO members who would like a rail or just a thought do so too.

GL everyone, hope to see some of us go deep.

Grade b

So far i see the following have said they are playing

Grade b
Ovalman
riverflat
spend42
sabrina0909
bokyaw
highyeah14

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by Grade b; Sun Dec 15, 2013 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: added list of pso'ers

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 12:31 PM
(#2)
Starts in 90 mins,

Having fun playing hyper turbos 36 man shoot outs only 1 ticket and came 2nd twice now but managing to cash in 5 of the 6 I have tried.

Grade b

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 12:40 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
I'm pretty bankroll restricted but I've had a good day and am freerolling in this.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 12:48 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalman View Post
I'm pretty bankroll restricted but I've had a good day and am freerolling in this.

Me too, I set some $ aside from Micro millions for shots and this is one I really want to play getting a satty ticket was just a bonus.

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 01:17 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
GL to you both and to everyone else playing the Storm

Am playing too, and Hitman's got it listed as part of his shares package for today. Also, did Profess Awe say in his challenge thread that he intended to play? Gosh, there must be a ton more of us intending to play too - can't wait, should be fun!

Will have to try to not get so excited, and play more patiently than last week - must tone down the bluffoonery and stick to value!

Not too much longer now

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 01:23 PM
(#6)
Since: Apr 2010
GL to all

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 01:56 PM
(#7)
made it to break!!!

with a wooping 800 chips down

ekk hope you guys doing better

grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 01:59 PM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Down 160 chips,

Good luck to all PSO'ers running in this, hope one of us can take it down

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 02:51 PM
(#9)
Since: Sep 2010
I'm in it, but down to short stack after c-betting JJ on A-high flop and then JJ<QQ on another hand. Roslyn's in too. Profess Awe made a short appearance as well

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 02:56 PM
(#10)
Still around 7610 chippies so 30 bb's

had AA once but no takers did get a light call next hand to boost up my stack.

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 03:12 PM
(#11)
Since: Sep 2010
All done in position 50,000ish. Not my day.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...456_3FCACA6D56

GL to rest of ya

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 03:27 PM
(#12)
and out

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...061_55AF81D62D

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 03:34 PM
(#13)
BronzeStar
These tourneys are quite a different pace from Zoom and hyper-turbos, where it's not uncommon for there to be less than like, a minute's wait between hands? Was doing okay on the patience front until my M started dropping down to around the danger zone of 8 ... and then I started to panic a little, and may have taken a bit of an unnecessary risk here

Had reads on the table, but still ... guess the right thing to do would have been to just stay patient, because the very next 2 hands I got were AK (won a small pot), and QQ (and won my flip), so ... lucky for me the JTo debacle didn't cost me my tourney life - am hanging on with around an average chip stack ... and hopefully I can find a better spot next time it comes time to play for stacks

Also, was re-reading my notes from the like, 2 MTT vids I've watched from the library (Tournament Edition), and have been trying to steal blinds some more ... but it feels kind of scary on such a short stack - guess that's going to take some getting used to too.

Anyways, that's it for now.

PS Sounds like spand is doing well with around a 30k stack at last update? Very nice!!

Last edited by TrustySam; Sun Dec 15, 2013 at 03:42 PM..

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 03:44 PM
(#14)
BronzeStar
PPS Hopefully the 3 to my left don't read this ^^^ lol

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 03:59 PM
(#15)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Still hangin in there, got doubled-up twice by the same Supernova player, that's made my day already

Long way to go though

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 04:00 PM
(#16)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustySam View Post
These tourneys are quite a different pace from Zoom and hyper-turbos, where it's not uncommon for there to be less than like, a minute's wait between hands? Was doing okay on the patience front until my M started dropping down to around the danger zone of 8 ... and then I started to panic a little, and may have taken a bit of an unnecessary risk here

Had reads on the table, but still ... guess the right thing to do would have been to just stay patient, because the very next 2 hands I got were AK (won a small pot), and QQ (and won my flip), so ... lucky for me the JTo debacle didn't cost me my tourney life - am hanging on with around an average chip stack ... and hopefully I can find a better spot next time it comes time to play for stacks

Also, was re-reading my notes from the like, 2 MTT vids I've watched from the library (Tournament Edition), and have been trying to steal blinds some more ... but it feels kind of scary on such a short stack - guess that's going to take some getting used to too.

Anyways, that's it for now.

PS Sounds like spand is doing well with around a 30k stack at last update? Very nice!!
It's a deep structure but gets very shallow quickly. I suspect this will make it deep again towards the bubble and final table. I've never thought about the structure before but I suspect it's why I've always been so poor in this.

Sitting at 13,700 at 3rd break but just been moved tables and no notes on anyone.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 04:05 PM
(#17)
BronzeStar
Meh, the blinds stealing turned out to be a net zero. It went quite well at first, but then I started to get greedy lol ... and people adapted very quickly.

Oh, horrors - just lost a huge pot AQ < AJ aipf ... still have 6k ....

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 04:12 PM
(#18)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalman View Post
It's a deep structure but gets very shallow quickly. I suspect this will make it deep again towards the bubble and final table. I've never thought about the structure before but I suspect it's why I've always been so poor in this.

Sitting at 13,700 at 3rd break but just been moved tables and no notes on anyone.

Ya, it gets to be almost like a turbo after registration closes, doesn't it? People start dropping like flies. That's usually where I wind up dropping off - am hoping by playing every week to hopefully get a better feel for the middle stages which usually do me in ... will see I guess

13k's a nice sized stack Ovalman

PS Congrats on the double-up RR!!

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 04:19 PM
(#19)
BronzeStar
Just noticed a min-cash is $30! Is that right?? :o

You think 7k's enough to get me ITM if I don't play another hand?

Last edited by TrustySam; Sun Dec 15, 2013 at 04:27 PM..

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 05:00 PM
(#20)
Min cashed for $30, blinded myself out but happy with my play.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com