Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Building Bucks

Old
Building Bucks - Sun Dec 15, 2013, 10:32 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
I have been playing with 'play money' for a while, now I would like to take it up a notch and take part in your Bankroll Builder promotion!!

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 10:35 PM
(#2)
ok what next?

Last edited by JohnBoast; Sun Dec 15, 2013 at 10:41 PM..

Old
Sun Dec 15, 2013, 11:41 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 16, 2013, 09:03 AM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 16, 2013, 07:19 PM
(#5)
PokerStars Hand #108643838533: Hold'em No Limit (5/10) - 2013/12/16 19:14:57 ET
Table 'Aaltje V' 9-max (Play Money) Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: JohnBoast (740 in chips)
Seat 2: JAXBUD (970 in chips)
Seat 3: pawpawboyce (2262 in chips)
Seat 4: troika777 (3875 in chips)
Seat 5: Margari22 (1000 in chips)
Seat 6: goingnuts09 (1000 in chips)
Seat 7: veronicarae (2530 in chips)
Seat 9: Dimsi (437 in chips)
JAXBUD: posts small blind 5
pawpawboyce: posts big blind 10
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to JohnBoast [Ad Ts]
troika777: folds
Margari22: calls 10
goingnuts09: calls 10
veronicarae: calls 10
Dimsi: calls 10
JohnBoast: raises 10 to 20
JAXBUD: calls 15
pawpawboyce: folds
Margari22: calls 10
goingnuts09: calls 10
veronicarae: calls 10
Dimsi: calls 10
*** FLOP *** [Kd Ac 9c]
JAXBUD: folds
Margari22: checks
goingnuts09: checks
veronicarae: checks
Dimsi: checks
JohnBoast: bets 30
Margari22: calls 30
goingnuts09: calls 30
veronicarae: calls 30
Dimsi: folds
*** TURN *** [Kd Ac 9c] [Ks]
Margari22: checks
goingnuts09: folds
veronicarae: checks
JohnBoast: bets 50
Margari22: folds
veronicarae: folds
Uncalled bet (50) returned to JohnBoast
JohnBoast collected 239 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 250 | Rake 11
Board [Kd Ac 9c Ks]
Seat 1: JohnBoast (button) collected (239)
Seat 2: JAXBUD (small blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 3: pawpawboyce (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: troika777 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Margari22 folded on the Turn
Seat 6: goingnuts09 folded on the Turn
Seat 7: veronicarae folded on the Turn
Seat 9: Dimsi folded on the Flop

I played this hand agressively and it paid off for me, was this the best way to play the hand? Should I have bet less to make the other players follow and make my pot bigger?

Old
Hand played for Builder review - Mon Dec 16, 2013, 07:38 PM
(#6)

Sorry I had missed the link step, this is the hand I played and would like analyzed. I have followed the other steps and taken the basic course already. Thank you!!I played this hand agressively and it paid off for me, was this the best way to play the hand? Should I have bet less to make the other players follow and make my pot bigger?

Old
Tue Dec 17, 2013, 05:31 AM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 17, 2013, 12:51 PM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi JohnBoast!

With ATo from the button, I get 4 limpers in front of me. I'm going to make a standard raise, which is to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so I will raise to 70. I want to keep all of my bets and raises standard, as this helps to conceal the strength of my hand. Players that bet more or less based on the strength of their hand are basically turning their cards face-up to an observant opponent... something that I need to avoid. I also don't want to raise to less than a standard bet, as this can give the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me, something else that I want to avoid.

I see a 5-way pot where I hit top pair. When it checks to me, I'm going to make another standard value bet. Bets postflop need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With 4 or more opps in the pot, a standard bet is a pot-sized bet, so I will bet 130. Once again, I don't want to bet less than this or I can be giving the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me. If I give them the right odds and lose, it's my own fault that I lose the hand.

The turn pairs the board and when it checks to me, with only 2 opps left, I will be 2/3 pot (167 chips).

The key with this hand are to make standard bets and raises.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 18, 2013, 06:59 AM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Super stuff!

Let us know as soon as you pass the Poker Basic quiz and we'll get your 1st bonus to you

Cheers,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wink
I have passed the quiz - Fri Dec 27, 2013, 09:42 AM
(#10)
Alright I have now passed the assessment Quiz! Hope you all had great Christmas holidays...

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 10:33 AM
(#11)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoast View Post
Alright I have now passed the assessment Quiz! Hope you all had great Christmas holidays...
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
New hand for analysis - Mon Dec 30, 2013, 10:00 PM
(#12)

I think I played this hand well enough wasn't too sure after the opponent threw a big bet, but took the pot all the same!!

Old
Tue Dec 31, 2013, 06:22 AM
(#13)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2014, 04:56 AM
(#14)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoast View Post

I think I played this hand well enough wasn't too sure after the opponent threw a big bet, but took the pot all the same!!
Hi JohnBoast!

Preflop, I strongly suggest just calling the preflop raise. You have the perfect situation for playing a speculative hand. You are in postion. There are several players already in the pot. And you have a pocket pair. 3betting as you did will get you in trouble. Firsttly, what do you want to achieve by raising? Is it a bluff, or for value? Either way, if you are going to raise, you need to raise more, about 16c. Mini raising just encourages calls and builds the pot. You will usually miss your set and be facing a flop with overcards leading to your having to fold. With speculative hands, we want to see the flop cheaply. Fold missed flops and value bet every chance we get when we flop a set.

Here you do flop a set. Note though that a straight draw is a real threat. In spots like this you want to bet/raise early and often. Firstly, betting will protect your hand by giving chasers bad odds. Secondly, a board like this is likely to have helped at least on opponent. This means it is more likely that they will call your bets. This gains you maximum value.

Here I would prefer raising the flop bet to about 40c, but calling can be ok if we think the remaining opp will stay in the hand. on the turn though, you need to bet more. Just like preflop, your bet is way too small and accomplishes little. You bet 8c into a pot of 78c. You are giving anyone chasing a draw good odds to coninue (and outdraw you). Bet closer to 70% of the pot with the intention of getting all in on the turn or the river. Getting fancy with small bets loses you value and leads to your losing big pots in the long run. Keep it simple and bet your strong hands strongly

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2014, 05:49 AM
(#15)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

Please let us know as soon as you pass the Cash Game Quiz so we can get your 2nd bonus to you

Cheers,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Jan 19, 2014, 10:24 AM
(#16)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

Unfortunately your eligibility for Bankroll Builder is under review.

If you have any questions about this please send a private message to PSO Admin.

Cheers,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 22, 2014, 07:44 AM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

Please let us know as soon as you pass the Cash Game Quiz so we can get your 2nd bonus to you

Cheers,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com