Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

just no way i can fold that flop is there?

Old
just no way i can fold that flop is there? - Mon Dec 16, 2013, 09:01 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012

Old
Mon Dec 16, 2013, 10:59 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi hendo,

I'll admit I'm baffled by your preflop actions. You provide no reads what so ever, so I don't understand what your plan is here. But absent reads, firstly I would be 3-betting the initial raiser. When the action comes back to you at .40c, this 4-bet sizing is also off. You have made it a crystal clear committing amount for all villains. Consider what % of their remaining stack this is to call your 4-bet:

V2: 100%
V3: 57%
V6: 65%

No one can realistically ever call this and fold later (well they can, but it would be pretty horrible), so the sizing makes it much more difficult for opponents to make calling or raising mistakes. Make this more like 1.50 imo.

So hopefully the above also answers your flop question. Everyone is committed. Folding the top overpair for $2 into an $11.25 pot would be ridiculous.

Incidentally, despite your preflop actions, V3 did in fact make a pretty atrocious mistake calling $3 after this action came back to him with you flat/back raising huge and V2 3b/calling off in a multi-way pot... TT is never good here, and often in 3rd place, and he is getting no where near the right price to try and flop a set... unlucky, hope you marked this guy with a note so you have reads next time... when you have a very strong hand and he seems to have a hand he likes (as was here, cold calling a 3b), then making large value bets (even overbets) seems like a good adjustment vs. him.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 16, 2013, 11:35 AM
(#3)
Agreed preflop was a complete mess.

Last edited by birdayy; Mon Dec 16, 2013 at 12:00 PM..

Old
Tue Dec 17, 2013, 04:34 AM
(#4)
yeah i know i kinda messed up a little (alot lol) i flat called hopping for action behind just didnt think id get action from all three... then i kinda got stuck with what to do
plan was to reraise and get shoved on light
always bet my AA just thought id try something different wont be happening again lol

Old
Tue Dec 17, 2013, 08:18 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendo30 View Post
yeah i know i kinda messed up a little (alot lol) i flat called hopping for action behind just didnt think id get action from all three... then i kinda got stuck with what to do
plan was to reraise and get shoved on light
always bet my AA just thought id try something different wont be happening again lol
You need reads for this, which you didn't have. If you've got some squeeze happy players behind the idea is ok! Your sizing sort of deters anyone from shoving light though, so you need to have a more well defined plan for how to proceed when you get the action.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 17, 2013, 11:02 AM
(#6)
yeah i kinda got caught out by three players calling would have made it smaller but i didnt want to go to the flop with three players

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com