Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL 6-max Zoom 58s

Old
10NL 6-max Zoom 58s - Mon Dec 16, 2013, 04:20 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, villain is playing 16/13/9 AF=5 CB=74% over just 30 hands.

The river is a bet fold or a check call ?

The nut flush doesn't make sense since Ax would bet the flop I guess.

Cheers!

Last edited by fp_boss77; Mon Dec 16, 2013 at 04:23 PM..

Old
Mon Dec 16, 2013, 07:06 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
I'd just check/call the turn and try to get a free card.

On the river I think you should bet/call with his bet size. He might have rivered a set or two pair.

Old
Mon Dec 16, 2013, 10:46 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi fp,

A read! I like it!

Personally I would just fold a small suited 2 gapper from the blind here if the guy doesn't steal much. If he has a high steal % from the button, you might 3b squeeze this spot. 30 hands probably isn't enough to know if he's stealing the button a lot or not.

I don't think the river is either a bet/fold or check/call, I think it's a bet/call personally. He can be checking behind the flop with hands he wanted to pot control a bit that have showdown value like A/x or QJ, so I like betting for value vs. these hands. His river raise is likely never a bluff in this spot, since he had opportunities to bluff the flop and turn but passed them up. Bigger flushes are possible for sure. For example, JcTc, QcJc, etc. He might also be out of line with A4 or slow played AA or QQ for some reason, but vs. a guy who is tight in general raising the river when the flush comes in, that's scary enough for me to not raise again.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com