Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL 6-max Zoom AA OOP

Old
10NL 6-max Zoom AA OOP - Mon Dec 16, 2013, 05:14 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, villain is unknown.

Should I bet the river for value or just check call ?

Cheers!

Old
Mon Dec 16, 2013, 09:27 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
Bet river for value. When villain checks the totally blank turn, you have the best hand almost always, as he either has a weak pair, a draw, or complete air. If he was semi-bluffing the flop with J9/K9, he'll probably call river when he pairs up, but he'll check behind and show it down if you check.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 17, 2013, 03:10 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
The raise on the flop can be two pair or a set, but quite often it is a semi-bluff with an open-ended straight or just a bluff. Checking the turn as you did is good. It protects you from getting raised again which the villain would normally only do with the top end of his range (hands beating you). When he checks behind though, as Arty says, it is a good indication that the villan has a weak hand or drawing hand.

The 9 on the river does complete some of his draws. I don't mind checking down the hand as you did. It is safe. However, I think you can lead out on the river with a smallish bet between 33% and 50% of the pot and still get called by worse hands such as 10x, Qx and A9, K9 type hands.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com