Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL 6-Max AKs Deepstacked

Old
25NL 6-Max AKs Deepstacked - Tue Dec 17, 2013, 03:52 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
Hi everyone,

I am unsure about how I played this hand - particularly because we are deep vs villain.

Villain's stats are 36/31 over 467 hands with a 18% 3bet (26% from SB) and 17% squeeze (25% from SB). They have 75% fold to cbet and 0% check-raise flop.

Preflop - I'm unsure about my 4bet, purely because we are playing deep. If we were playing 100bb, I would almost always 4bet vs this villain, but is it perhaps better to flat playing deeper vs this guy? Also, what do you think to my 4bet sizing? I'm unsure about that too!

Flop - To cbet or not to cbet? And sizing (again) I have no idea here. In game I gave some serious thought to checking back and I actually think that might have been the better option.

Thanks in advance.

Old
Tue Dec 17, 2013, 11:31 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hey AimlessChimp.

generally I like a non-4betting strategy deepstacked as it allows you keep your opponents range as wide as possible (especially this guy's), to cut down on costly mistakes in huge bloated pots with 1 pair hands, disguise the true strength of your hand and focus on good postflop play as that becomes more and more important the deeper you get.

Unless there is some specific read that villain will continue against your 4-bet with enough worse hands and play them badly enough postflop I would flat here (in this case you could comfortably b/c flop and continue from there). Also, if the other caller is a weaker player it would be one more reason to just flat for me and keep him in the pot.

As played I actually like checking back this flop as even if you're ahead villain will have tons of equity and can put you in a gross spot by playing his range aggressively. Protection isn't a great issue here as only diamonds are bad and we have an easy exit if one hits. It's tough to be bet/folding TPTK here, it does seem reasonable but that's the kind of "bad taste" deepstack situatons with 1 pair leave behind when you bloat the pot with them too much early and are left with still a lot of stack to play out.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com