Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

good bad rvr call?

Old
good bad rvr call? - Tue Dec 17, 2013, 04:43 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2013
BronzeStar
i thought he would always check with Jack , lol , so betting looked bluffy to me

Old
Tue Dec 17, 2013, 07:25 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
I don't know why you think villain would check back a J? He wants to try extract value from pocket pairs or random A-high hands that people can't fold.

I think villain might check back a 4, but I would CBet with this as opponents generally don't like to fold to CBets on paired boards.

Having said that, I don't mind the call in position and seeing what happens on the turn (although this does go against one of ArtySmokes' principles - if you are playing to set mine and miss, then always fold.)

When he bets the turn, I think calling isn't a great option. I also don't really like raising, although I would prefer raising as a bluff to calling. I think just folding is best and move onto the next hand only losing a small pot.

Old
Wed Dec 18, 2013, 12:04 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
I would fold the flop multiway. Even though we may be ahead some of the time it's not by much as we never know which turn/river overcards may or may not hit villain. Also we do not close the action OTF.

Turn I would fold as for him betting into two once and then again into you after you called the flop he will usually have a stronger range. That being said he may be valuebetting a lot of better OTR too.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com