Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

implied odds part1

Old
implied odds part1 - Tue Dec 17, 2013, 04:47 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2013
BronzeStar
did i play this good? i think definitely yes this one, as i had still 34% on turn with 17 outs, so i could call 3$ to win 12.5$ with implied odds thingy

i was planning to fold on turn since the raise was so superbig on the flop, but the turn was perfect for me adding bonus 4 outs to my 13 outs

Old
Tue Dec 17, 2013, 07:39 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
OTT you're getting the correct Pot Odds, never mind the Implied Odds if you're right that you have 17 outs.

I think I'd play the hand as you did on all streets.

Old
Wed Dec 18, 2013, 12:14 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Agree with spand, you have enough equity on both the flop and the turn to call potsized bets getting 1:2. Some of your outs are also well hidden, others may have reverse implied odds (like board pairing spades) so you still need to be careful as to what rivers to shove if you get there. Don't think you have a lot of foldequity against his big bets so I like calling best.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com