Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

implied odds part2

Old
implied odds part2 - Tue Dec 17, 2013, 04:52 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2013
BronzeStar
here i come with implied ods again D:
was this a good call on turn? i had like 12 outs so 24% and needed 25% so i think it was still good call?! wut u think..

Old
Tue Dec 17, 2013, 05:06 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
Fold pre, you have a below average hand, you are OOP for the entirity of the hand.

I dont like the flop lead out. Is it a value bet or a bluff? What better hands are you getting to fold? What hands are you getting value from? I'd then fold to the re-raise. We don't have the nut flush draw here and he seems to like his hand.

On the turn, we have a pair of 4's, with a non nut flush draw. Our opponent has called pre, raised us on the flop, and bet again on the turn.

What is giving you confidence here that if you hit a diamond, or a Q, or even a 4, that you are good?

Implied odds mean that we can get expect to get paid off when we hit the nuts. I'm far from certain that we are good here even if the river improves us.

Old
Tue Dec 17, 2013, 07:46 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
I'm with bhoy here regarding your Preflop and Flop play.

I think once you've played the flop like you have, you should call the turn bet. Our equity has improved and I think a flush will be good here nearly all the time. We can always spike a 4 or a Q which may also be good.

I think you should have folded preflop and kept the pot smaller by just check-calling the flop and turn.

Old
Wed Dec 18, 2013, 12:18 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Agree with the two posts above, you should be folding this preflop. The only reason I can see where calling may be an option is when one of the guys is a huge whale that you are in need to play pots with. If both are tight squeezing could be an option too (with a blocker and since we're suited), but I don't like thta at these stakes either so I'd just fold.

As played I don't actually mind how you played it postflop. Leading out as we don't have good sd value from the SB is an option and we could get better to fold looking strong in a field. Turn we need to stick with calling once more as we improve our equity, but we also get shown why it's so tough to start out with a weak hand like that from the worst position at the table pre.

Live Trainer

Old
Wed Dec 18, 2013, 02:58 AM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2013
Why can we call the turn?

A 4 or a Q might be no good.

Old
Wed Dec 18, 2013, 06:30 AM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2010
I think a Q or a 4 will be good more often than not here, and villain won't ever put us on Q4 lol.

Of course the main problem is playing such a weak hand OOP, it's going to give us a lot of tough decisions post-flop even when we hit our hand.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com