Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

ajo ok to call his shove?

Old
ajo ok to call his shove? - Tue Dec 17, 2013, 05:41 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Tue Dec 17, 2013, 05:46 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
You shoved, rather than calling a shove, and in a 100K Freeroll I think you are so far ahead of most players ranges here that its a perfect hand to do it with.

Villain 7 is an idiot. He limps with 1.8bb. That is just horrifically bad. Villain 1 was obviously just happy to gamble as he had you covered and he was getting a nice (Not correct necessarily) price.

Old
Tue Dec 17, 2013, 07:46 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2012
*Moved to more appropriate forum* - Fadyen

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 17, 2013, 10:38 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi bestjo1!

With AJo in the SB with under 6BB before the hand starts, I get 4 limpers in front of me. Since I'm short, I'm looking for any opportunity to gain chips and I'm gladly going to shove here. The opp's all limped, so AJ should be ahead of their hands (if they had a real hand, they should be raising).

Even if I have one opp that shoves in front of me, AJ with this short of stack is too strong of a hand to fold, so I'd even call a shove with it here and it takes a much stronger hand to call a shove, than to initially shove with.

Well played.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 18, 2013, 01:15 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
M is 8.25 (27BB) and facing an UTG shove from an unknown,I would be inclined to fold AJo most times here and look for a better spot.

Seeing as they still have a tad better than 12BB they're short yes,but not desperately so just yet,so I would expect that my AJo is only beating the very bottom of their range.I don't want to be calling off so much of my stack when I'm likely only ahead of the bottom of the villains range.

Old
Wed Dec 18, 2013, 03:26 PM
(#6)
Since: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie Pip View Post
M is 8.25 (27BB) and facing an UTG shove from an unknown,I would be inclined to fold AJo most times here and look for a better spot.

Seeing as they still have a tad better than 12BB they're short yes,but not desperately so just yet,so I would expect that my AJo is only beating the very bottom of their range.I don't want to be calling off so much of my stack when I'm likely only ahead of the bottom of the villains range.

Whoops,disregard the above post. I mistakenly had you as seat #9,the 36K stack (as shown by my M and BB calcs...). For that player my analysis would stand...fold AJo.

For your stack this is pretty much an automatic shove. I'm not loving going with AJo here,but with so short a stack I would have to grin and ship it.

Sorry for the mix up,my bad.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com