Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL 6-max Zoom AJs OOP

Old
10NL 6-max Zoom AJs OOP - Tue Dec 17, 2013, 06:04 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, villain is unknown.

I didn't c-bet the flop since it was so dry and I don't see many worst hands calling or better folding.

Should I just check fold the turn ?

Cheers!

Old
Tue Dec 17, 2013, 11:39 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hey boss,

I think 3-betting preflop is absolutely fine with AJs, although I like calling pre against an unknown even though we're in the SB. Problem with medium strength broadways is always the same as we are unsure of what range villain will continue with in a bloated pot when we flop top pair.

OTF I would always bet out against an unknown as you can not only get calls from worse but you also never know how his betting range truly looks like once you check. Continuing on the later streets as played will be tough from here without infos/reads.

OTT I would make a decision as to whether I'm folding or going with it (jamming). Villain can now actually have picked up some draws with bluffs from his flop betting range and also get more sticky with a worse ace while maybe checking back river with weaker ones or bluffs/busted draws. Not too happy about his big turn bet though, on paper our hand looks a little too weak here which actually is an argument for folding.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com