Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5nl zoom JJ on low coordinated board

Old
5nl zoom JJ on low coordinated board - Wed Dec 18, 2013, 04:55 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012

BB 16/12
UTG unknown but looks like a fish because of limping
when he donks like that I think he has some draws, pair+draws, two pair, 66/88. Should I raise the flop for value and protection then?
He bets 1/3 ott, his range looks the same
1/3 on river too, now it comes down to the pair+draw that he had on the flop. The problem is that he might have improved to two pair. But it doesn't look like he improved much when he bets 1/3. Should I have folded the river? Or should I have raised throughout the hand?

Old
Wed Dec 18, 2013, 04:57 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
Raise flop. As played calling down is ok.

Old
Wed Dec 18, 2013, 04:29 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Pray,

I agree with the range assessment on the flop. I very much prefer calling here. He's already potted it so he's charged himself to draw. Plus it's a 3 handed pot, I would hate to raise and have V3 come over the top with a check-raise. We have position so we can see what everyone does and what comes off, and make a more informed decision later. He can't take free cards from OOP so that's not a concern either.

We get a fair bit of good news after our call... V3 goes away, and although the turn coordinates in some ways with the flop, his turn bet sizing indicates he doesn't like it. If I raised in the hand, it would be right here.

As played I call the river, I think a raise is too thin and expect from the sizing he's not super strong too often. I'd expect to see hands like 5c6c, Ac5c, Ac6c, Ac7c, 98s here a lot.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com