5nl zoom overpair OOP

Old
5nl zoom overpair OOP - Wed Dec 18, 2013, 05:06 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012

31/19
Cbet Flop 76 Turn 55
1k+ hands
So here's a situation I get into alot, oop with top pair/small overpair, and I don't see villain hitting alot.
What would be the best line here?
after we check to the raiser and squeeze a cbet out of him, do we raise, do we call and lead turn? I decided to lead this time because of his cbet turn%, but what will I get called by?
Maybe the turn should be a x/c too, but what's his value range when he barrels that turn? TT+?

Old
Wed Dec 18, 2013, 08:23 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
I hate donking ott.

It's closer between check/calling or check/folding the turn. If we check OTT and he continues, lets look at what's happening. He raised utg and is double barreling a low board. We are crushed vs his overpair heavy range.

I would most likely check/call turn (though we can seriously consider folding there and then) and check/fold basically any river except a 9.

Old
Wed Dec 18, 2013, 08:13 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Pray,

I agree on not liking the turn lead. We are really not considering enough post flop stats here, stuff like went to showdown would be useful. Given his c-bet stats it seems he's slowing down on the turn a lot, probably continuing to barrel with made hands and draws. Since there are no draws present, I think we can check and fold to a double barrel here pretty comfortably, as his 2 barrel range on this board texture will contain too many hands in the TT+ range. If the turn goes check/check, this is where WTSD comes into play for me. I would plan to check/fold an ace, check/call a normal bet on a K, Q, J, or T, fold to a big bet. Check call all smaller cards vs a guy with a low WTSD (to let him bluff), and lead all small cards vs a guy with a high WTSD (to let him bluff catch us with ace high and small pairs).

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com