Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Live Game Sweats and Online Tournaments / Skill League /

Tricky Ed in the OSL

Old
Tricky Ed in the OSL - Wed Dec 18, 2013, 05:29 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2010
I hope few very people read this.

I have changed things up in the Open Skill League this month.

Mainly as I have less than 20VPPs so the main leaderboard offers little value.

I am pleased that trying the alternative style - going for trickiness factor plays, hasn't actually hurt my main leaderboard performance.

Currently top 100 in the main leaderboard and top ten in the stats leaderboard for trickiness.

Gonna miss most of the rest of the month - so will inevitably fall back.

But thanks to PSO for the additional opportunity to win a dollar or two extra.

And I like the idea of the stats leaderboards.

Certainly makes the play in OSL more interesting.

Here is my latest attempt at 'tricky' play in OSL

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...990_4B51BA0C13

It worked - for two reasons - the flop check raise and the win at showdown.

Both positive factors for the trickiness formula.

But believe me its not easy adjusting styles in the OSL.

I'll try to smash trickiness in 2014!

Ed

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by EdinFreeMan; Wed Dec 18, 2013 at 05:35 PM..

Old
Wed Dec 25, 2013, 02:31 PM
(#2)
Since: May 2012
What's tricky play here :p? You check to the original raiser, then UTG leads a hand he isn't folding - and comitting himself by PSB. And given how the hand is played the only thing you should do is to get it in there on the flop.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com