Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

PSO 12 Days - AKo in BB

Old
PSO 12 Days - AKo in BB - Wed Dec 18, 2013, 06:42 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013

Old
Thu Dec 19, 2013, 12:32 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi IBNash!

With AK in the BB, I get 3 limpers in front of me. I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper or to 300.

I see a 3-way flop where I hit TPTK and I'm going to lead out with another standard bet. With 2 opps, a standard bet is 2/3 pot, so I will bet 600. Once again, I want to keep all of my bets and raises standard.

The turn is just about the worst card in the deck to me as it completes the straight and flush. Here is where I need a read on the opp. A tight opp really should not have the straight, so I'd discount it. A tight opp should not have two pair too. A loose opp however brings both of these into play. Since there was absolutely no information provided about any of the opps (please provide this in the future), with this being a PSO game, I'm going to make the assumption that the opp will be tight and not loose... could be a big stretch, but no information was provided.
With the opp being tight, I'm going to make another value bet on the turn and since a 1/2 pot bet (standard bet with one opp in the pot) making the opp pot-committed... I'm shoving the turn.

Yes, the opp could have hearts and I'll take the chance as I'm definitely not going to check and fold because if I'm the opp here and get checked to on the turn, I'd be shoving just about any 2 cards at the BB as the check screams that they have either missed the board entirely or are afraid of a straight or flush.. and either way, they should not call a shove.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 19, 2013, 06:16 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
This is a horrible turn but I think with villain left with less than a pot-sized bet behind, I think we have to continue to CBet and put him all in.

Villain's holding is likely a pocket pair, probably 55 or 77-TT (because I think he would've bet the turn with a set) or KQ-KT. He might also have some flush draws which just got there but I think the majority of his holdings OTF are some sort of made hand, most of which we are crushing.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com