Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Playing micro half stack 2c or 5c NL - We don't give up

Old
Playing micro half stack 2c or 5c NL - We don't give up - Wed Dec 18, 2013, 10:52 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Not the norm HA not to buy-in for a full stack but I have found some profit doing this, then blow my half stack against any random K3o etc.. Getting stubborn as a non-beliver.

Anyway reducing the liability of loss by only playing off 50bb gives a new dynamic.

So an unknown shorty at a 5NL regular table, sb open and then firing 3 streets oop. Got me thinking this opponent looks too stubborn not giving up. Or "It's not you it's me"?

I think calling down spoiled any future relationship - testing boom.

Old
Thu Dec 19, 2013, 07:07 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
The only thing that worries me a little on this river is his small sizing and he could well have a lot of strong hands like AK/AQ/KQ/KJ and even AJ. The odds are great but probably not the most deciding factor here.

However, given that it is a blind vs blind situation we probably deal with an increased likelihood for wider than usual ranges resulting in higher than usual barreling frequencies. I like your calldown.

I usually make these kinds of calls dependant on how I view villain (reg or recreational player - against the latter I am most likely to call down).

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com