Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5nl zoom TP vs turn lead

Old
5nl zoom TP vs turn lead - Thu Dec 19, 2013, 03:00 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012

29/21 f3b 0 over 45 hands
a K, flush draws would have bet the flop, actually sets too but not always. I thought he isn't doin it with KJ and lower, I think I'm beat here.
What range do you put him on? Can I call on the turn?

Old
Thu Dec 19, 2013, 07:19 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Preflop is a fold for me against a regular with no info on his true (realistic) MP opening range and calling range vs a 3-bet from OOP. The hand doesn't play too well in a 3-bet pot since OOP flatting ranges vs a 3-bet usually dominate this hand (very pair/AQ and even AK heavy).

I would also think about checking back the flop here as I don't think we can get too much value from worse over 3 streets or for our full stack. Draws can put us in tough spots by raising and if we get it in I don't expect to be a great favorite (better so with AK).

As played folding probably isn't too bad as I also don't see many hands we beat except for big draws, but so many rivers will be tough to play. Still I would call turn and re-evaluate the situation on the river. He may shut down OTR to give you a SD at least some of the time. To me the inclination to fold the turn kind of indicates that there probably isn't too much value in 3-betting this hand vs this particular villain in the first place.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com