Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL 10 6max ZOOM 3way Pot Flushh draw

Old
NL 10 6max ZOOM 3way Pot Flushh draw - Thu Dec 19, 2013, 12:26 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013

Did I have fold equity in this spot? Maybe beter just call?

Old
Thu Dec 19, 2013, 11:46 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi A Beat,

I do not think we have fold equity here. The Villain is betting in a multi-way pot on the flop, which shows more strength than if it were HU. And he's making a big bet, 80% of the pot. Granted, he is betting last to act after checked to, so maybe he's just stabbing. But this sizing doesn't look like a stab type sizing, it looks like a protect my hand type sizing to me. And most players will give up a stab when called multi-way, but he's not giving up, he's firing a solid turn barrel on a blank. I would not expect to get folds from big aces, aces up, or sets ever here.

I am hesitant to even call tbh. First, we are going to have a hard time getting paid off if we make our hand as we are out of position and look like a draw. If we lead river it's obvious what we have so we don't know he'll pay us. If we check, he may check down and not bet. Second, the ace on the board is not the flush draw suit, meaning his range to play this way includes AcXc, and we are drawing dead to that holding.

I think the turn is a check/fold tbh in light of all this.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com