Old
5nl zoom JJ on K board - Fri Dec 20, 2013, 12:44 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012

28/18
AF 4/2/2
wtsd 33
41 hands
just a simple spot, didn't want to have my hand face up when I check, 88-QQ are calling a bet anyway. The question is, will those pairs bet the turn? I imagine they would check back, thats why I folded. The board is dry so he'll have a king here most of the time right?

Old
Fri Dec 20, 2013, 01:28 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
Check/call turn, check/fold most rivers.

Old
Fri Dec 20, 2013, 10:50 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Pray,

I actually don't mind checking the flop, it's so dry. You're concerned it turns our hand face up, but I don't feel that's a problem for me because I would also check hands like Kx on the flop sometimes as well so I'm a bit more balanced. There's just so little that can actually give us value on a K-rag-rag rainbow board. Since his preflop defending range flops so weakly on this board, he's aggressive post flop, and it's blind v blind, I like enticing all the air and weak hands in his range to try and put pressure on us.

Back to your concern, about turning our hand face up. Ask yourself what your hand looks like when you take the line you did and check the turn? I think it actually looks like we have a lot of misses, and some pairs below the K, mostly. So I agree with birdayy we should call this turn bet... he could simply be betting 7x or a small pocket to protect against 2 overs, or be following through on a float to take it away from AQ/AJ type hands. Once we call, it takes the air out of our range and now we look more like TT-QQ and Kx that is pot controlling, which is why if he bets the river we can expect him to often have Kx (or better) himself, and c/f to a large river barrel (if we had a read that the guy would double barrel his floats and turn small pairs into a bluff, then we'd c/call the river as well)

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com