Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

Making Big Hands LayDown

Old
Cool
BANKROLL BUILDER PROMOTION, Making Big Hands LayDown - Fri Dec 20, 2013, 05:52 AM
(#1)
murraycraig's Avatar
Since: Dec 2013
Posts: 18
BronzeStar
BANKROLL BUILDER PROMOTION, love the sound of that, but I love the sound of that monster trip hand getting folded to an outright bluff even more, and its against the Tight Passive players it can be done regularly, especially from the SB or BB in STT's when they are holding QQ, JJ and flop the trips but also along with big drawing hands like AK with that Q or J and they slow play the trips and then don't know what to on the flop when the 10 hits or even a big flush draw, and being first to act it can be done just by check calling the turn then shoving the river, MOSTLY inexperienced passive players if they are serious about there game 7 out of 10 times will fold there trips works best in 50/50 games with 6-7 players left, Let me try this with Bankroll Builder Please guys

Last edited by murraycraig; Fri Dec 20, 2013 at 06:04 AM.. Reason: the heading of it had to be Bankroll Builder DIDNT GET IT
 
Old
Default
Fri Dec 20, 2013, 06:12 AM
(#2)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,032
(Community Coordinator)
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Sat Dec 21, 2013, 07:14 AM
(#3)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,032
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.



After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.



Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Mon Dec 23, 2013, 04:27 AM
(#4)
murraycraig's Avatar
Since: Dec 2013
Posts: 18
BronzeStar
how on earth can i play play money games with these fools,


Last edited by royalraise85; Mon Dec 23, 2013 at 07:50 AM..
 
Old
Default
Mon Dec 23, 2013, 07:51 AM
(#5)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,032
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Mon Dec 23, 2013, 09:59 AM
(#6)
murraycraig's Avatar
Since: Dec 2013
Posts: 18
BronzeStar
wondring how long until i might be able to get the $8 to start at the 1/2c tables, im itchingta play at a real table
 
Old
Default
Mon Dec 23, 2013, 02:07 PM
(#7)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,032
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraycraig View Post
wondring how long until i might be able to get the $8 to start at the 1/2c tables, im itchingta play at a real table
Please Note: Due to the holiday period please allow extra time for your Bankroll Builder reply from the Team


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Tue Dec 24, 2013, 09:27 AM
(#8)
spand42's Avatar
Since: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,496
Hi murraycraig,

In poker there is a large element of luck in the short-term. However if you carry on making correct decisions and getting it in with the best hand, you will win in the long run.

It is basically NEVER correct to fold AA preflop in a normal tournament or ring game. Although your chances of winning the hand drop as more players enter the pot, the amount you can win also increases massively. Against these specific hands, your chances of winning the hand are only 50%. No one else has a better than 18% chance of winning the hand.

If other people want to go all in with rubbish hands and gamble, you can't control that. All you can control is your own play and if you make the right decisions, you will be a winner.
 
Old
Default
Tue Dec 24, 2013, 03:54 PM
(#9)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,032
(Community Coordinator)
Please Note: Due to the holiday period please allow extra time for your Bankroll Builder reply from the Team. We will reply to your thread on December 27th.


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Wed Dec 25, 2013, 12:53 AM
(#10)
Roland GTX's Avatar
Since: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraycraig View Post
how on earth can i play play money games with these fools,

Hi murraycraig!

You made a standard raise and called the all in preflop with AA. You played the hand very well This will be very profitable in the long run with AA. In poker we need to get comfortable with making right moves, but getting wrong results. It is part of the game.

Note, strong startng hands can and do lose. This is why it is usually preferable to commit all our chips postflop rather than preflop. With KK and AA getting in preflop is almost always good though. Against 4 random opponents, you have about a 55% equity in the hand while the others have about 11% each.

GL and have fun at the tables!
Roland GTX
 
Old
Default
Wed Dec 25, 2013, 05:07 AM
(#11)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,032
(Community Coordinator)
Please Note: Due to the holiday period please allow extra time for your Bankroll Builder reply from the Team. We will reply to your thread on December 27th.


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
Thu Dec 26, 2013, 08:22 AM
(#12)
murraycraig's Avatar
Since: Dec 2013
Posts: 18
BronzeStar
Now I know that while holding AA and against 4 rubish hands all-in preflop im about 50% chance while they are about 18% chance each but what about if i had KK against 2 others holding say A5 and A9 and them both having only 2 outs? would I be right in my workings out that preflop they should be about 20%to my 80%, then turn 9%, river about 4-5% to my 95%?
 
Old
Default
Getting beyond a joke - Thu Dec 26, 2013, 11:28 AM
(#13)
murraycraig's Avatar
Since: Dec 2013
Posts: 18
BronzeStar
Hi there,
Iv been playing here for 1 week now and I cant believe the stuff Im seeing here, now im sure that
you and the rest of the PokerStars team must hear this all the time, but I have some serious concerns about the PS software and your RANDOM card genorator, Iv picked up on a few things and it could be just at the low limit tables just to make the payouts more spread out evenly but im being able to watch my table and call the river card and get it right about 15-20% of the time,



The biggest thing iv noticed is that when there is an all-in preflop the worst starting hand will win about 70-75% of the time, even though the hand I have posted here in this message wasnt an all-in preflop as soon as I seen AA at the zoom table I called to 2 of my friends an I said to them come and watch AA get smashed, Im not sure how its going to happen but guys if I end up being able to get all my coin in the middle it will get smashed as soon as the all-in is anounced, now this all-in preflop thing is not just a theory and its not just me iv seen alot of hand here at PS this week and I cant beleive it when the best starting hand actually takes down a pot at showdown, now thats that.
The other part of the game which seems to be happening is that for every action there is a reaction, this is where my river calling comes in to it, when you can sit there and predict not just the card but the suit of it aswell and get it right, as I said about 15-20% of the time you know that the cards can not be as random as if it was live, now it seems that PokerStars has taken the PSO way to far because in situations like if I was on the button a made a stupid fold due to pot odds or something like that I will predict that river card more like 65-75% of the time its like there trying to teach low limit players how to play during the games as I said for every action there is a reaction, and Im telling this to you because Im guessing to be a hand analyser you must see alot of hand s especially from the low limit players, and of course you wont tell me if im right or even if you think the same sort of thoughts, but tell me this at least is it different at the higher stakes at all or does the best starting hand just keep getting sharfted when they get a caller with there shove preflop?
Quote:
Originally Posted by spand42 View Post
Hi murraycraig,

In poker there is a large element of luck in the short-term. However if you carry on making correct decisions and getting it in with the best hand, you will win in the long run.

It is basically NEVER correct to fold AA preflop in a normal tournament or ring game. Although your chances of winning the hand drop as more players enter the pot, the amount you can win also increases massively. Against these specific hands, your chances of winning the hand are only 50%. No one else has a better than 18% chance of winning the hand.

If other people want to go all in with rubbish hands and gamble, you can't control that. All you can control is your own play and if you make the right decisions, you will be a winner.

Last edited by murraycraig; Thu Dec 26, 2013 at 11:30 AM.. Reason: wrong hand
 
Old
Default
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 06:50 AM
(#14)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,032
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
exactly what i mean - Fri Dec 27, 2013, 02:40 PM
(#15)
murraycraig's Avatar
Since: Dec 2013
Posts: 18
BronzeStar
I just finished winning a 6plr sit"n"go and I was telling the last 2 guys about my software theories which of course probly like you think they thought I was full of it, its a perfect example because it shows what I mean about the PSO going into our games (reaction for every action) and I had just finished saying that only ever slow play a hand if you have the absolute nuts because if you can some how be beaten you will be,and after the flop I noticed a lil hesitation by my opponent then a check, straight away I said (hope you can see this hand with chat enabled)5 on the river cause I put him on the K top pair slowplaying as it turned out I was exactly right he did slow play his K and guess what came on the river? of course it was the 5, the best part is it happen about 2 or 3 hands after I ad told them this so they tested it out and I just proved without a doudt the software is floored somwhere,



Quote:
Originally Posted by murraycraig View Post
Hi there,
Iv been playing here for 1 week now and I cant believe the stuff Im seeing here, now im sure that
you and the rest of the PokerStars team must hear this all the time, but I have some serious concerns about the PS software and your RANDOM card genorator, Iv picked up on a few things and it could be just at the low limit tables just to make the payouts more spread out evenly but im being able to watch my table and call the river card and get it right about 15-20% of the time,



The biggest thing iv noticed is that when there is an all-in preflop the worst starting hand will win about 70-75% of the time, even though the hand I have posted here in this message wasnt an all-in preflop as soon as I seen AA at the zoom table I called to 2 of my friends an I said to them come and watch AA get smashed, Im not sure how its going to happen but guys if I end up being able to get all my coin in the middle it will get smashed as soon as the all-in is anounced, now this all-in preflop thing is not just a theory and its not just me iv seen alot of hand here at PS this week and I cant beleive it when the best starting hand actually takes down a pot at showdown, now thats that.
The other part of the game which seems to be happening is that for every action there is a reaction, this is where my river calling comes in to it, when you can sit there and predict not just the card but the suit of it aswell and get it right, as I said about 15-20% of the time you know that the cards can not be as random as if it was live, now it seems that PokerStars has taken the PSO way to far because in situations like if I was on the button a made a stupid fold due to pot odds or something like that I will predict that river card more like 65-75% of the time its like there trying to teach low limit players how to play during the games as I said for every action there is a reaction, and Im telling this to you because Im guessing to be a hand analyser you must see alot of hand s especially from the low limit players, and of course you wont tell me if im right or even if you think the same sort of thoughts, but tell me this at least is it different at the higher stakes at all or does the best starting hand just keep getting sharfted when they get a caller with there shove preflop?
 
Old
Default
perfect example - Fri Dec 27, 2013, 02:52 PM
(#16)
murraycraig's Avatar
Since: Dec 2013
Posts: 18
BronzeStar
I just finished winning a 6plr sit"n"go and I was telling the last 2 guys about my software theories which of course probly like you think they thought I was full of it, its a perfect example because it shows what I mean about the PSO going into our games (reaction for every action) and I had just finished saying that only ever slow play a hand if you have the absolute nuts because if you can some how be beaten you will be,and after the flop I noticed a lil hesitation by my opponent then a check, straight away I said (hope you can see this hand with chat enabled)5 on the river cause I put him on the K top pair slowplaying as it turned out I was exactly right he did slow play his K and guess what came on the river? of course it was the 5, the best part is it happen about 2 or 3 hands after I ad told them this so they tested it out and I just proved without a doudt the software is floored somwhere,






Quote:
Originally Posted by murraycraig View Post
Hi there,
Iv been playing here for 1 week now and I cant believe the stuff Im seeing here, now im sure that
you and the rest of the PokerStars team must hear this all the time, but I have some serious concerns about the PS software and your RANDOM card genorator, Iv picked up on a few things and it could be just at the low limit tables just to make the payouts more spread out evenly but im being able to watch my table and call the river card and get it right about 15-20% of the time,



The biggest thing iv noticed is that when there is an all-in preflop the worst starting hand will win about 70-75% of the time, even though the hand I have posted here in this message wasnt an all-in preflop as soon as I seen AA at the zoom table I called to 2 of my friends an I said to them come and watch AA get smashed, Im not sure how its going to happen but guys if I end up being able to get all my coin in the middle it will get smashed as soon as the all-in is anounced, now this all-in preflop thing is not just a theory and its not just me iv seen alot of hand here at PS this week and I cant beleive it when the best starting hand actually takes down a pot at showdown, now thats that.
The other part of the game which seems to be happening is that for every action there is a reaction, this is where my river calling comes in to it, when you can sit there and predict not just the card but the suit of it aswell and get it right, as I said about 15-20% of the time you know that the cards can not be as random as if it was live, now it seems that PokerStars has taken the PSO way to far because in situations like if I was on the button a made a stupid fold due to pot odds or something like that I will predict that river card more like 65-75% of the time its like there trying to teach low limit players how to play during the games as I said for every action there is a reaction, and Im telling this to you because Im guessing to be a hand analyser you must see alot of hand s especially from the low limit players, and of course you wont tell me if im right or even if you think the same sort of thoughts, but tell me this at least is it different at the higher stakes at all or does the best starting hand just keep getting sharfted when they get a caller with there shove preflop?
 
Old
Default
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 10:25 PM
(#17)
CannonLee's Avatar
Since: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,418
Hi,


Hand Analysis


Every action was played optimally both pre-flop and post flop... You got the villainto play an inferior hand and made them make a mistake. We make money in poker by capitalizing on players mistakes by playing our value hands strong...all this stuff we hear of owning players souls, out playing them, pwning them etc..is all for ego boost. This isn't really a bad beat, consider it an unfortunate loss as the villain did have a legitimate hand that was worthy of playing for stacks on the flop with two cards to come on the turn and river and they did have outs.. When I first started playing poker I'd wonder why I lost a hand and would be overwhelmed with thoughts as to "HOW CAN CANNON LOSE, CANNON CAN'T LOSE IMPOSSIBLE ETC" that right there is my prey drive and willingness to win as I'm competitive lool it's easier said than done, but try maintaining your composure when taking a beat, like all games of skill...losing is just the nature of the game football, baseball, soccer, rugby, solitaire, chess, checkers, UNO, go fish, candy crush etc...as long as the villain has outs they still have a chance to win...pondering on a beat could adversly effect your win rate by not being focused while deviating from optimal strategy. Basically, it's easier to assign blame than responsibility and easier to criticize than to praise... You played well in this hand optimal, I assign the blame to the villain getting lucky and making a mediocre decision hitting their outs.

Hope thishelps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee



Quintuple Bracelet Winner

 
Old
Default
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 06:43 AM
(#18)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,032
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

Please let us know as soon as you pass the Poker Basic Quiz so we can get your 1st bonus to you

Cheers,
Raiser


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 
Old
Default
passed quiz - Thu Jan 02, 2014, 05:12 AM
(#19)
murraycraig's Avatar
Since: Dec 2013
Posts: 18
BronzeStar
iv passed the quiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalraise85 View Post
Hello,

Please let us know as soon as you pass the Poker Basic Quiz so we can get your 1st bonus to you

Cheers,
Raiser
 
Old
Default
Thu Jan 02, 2014, 09:06 AM
(#20)
royalraise85's Avatar
Since: Jul 2011
Posts: 26,032
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraycraig View Post
iv passed the quiz
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.



List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!


Moderator

Bracelet Winner


 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com