Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

good call?

Old
good call? - Fri Dec 20, 2013, 09:46 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2013
BronzeStar
did i made good call on flop? i guess it wasnt that big of a bet, and i had backdoor flushdraw, and nut-gutshot

Old
Fri Dec 20, 2013, 12:15 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
Hi GayLooser,

I'm basing my assumptions on an unknown villain as you give no reads.

I think you get yourself in a bit of a pickle preflop here.

I think I prefer flat-calling with AQs vs an UTG open. This keeps the pot a bit smaller which is desirable being out of position and we can see what happens OTF.

If you're going to 3Bet, I'd 3Bet bigger because we are out of position, say to $0.50.

When the UTG raiser 4Bets at 5NL - I would insta-muck the AQ. I don't really see any good scenario that can come out of seeing a flop. His range is very narrow and likely consists of QQ+, maybe AKs. For some villains even this range is too loose and his UTG open and 4Bet range might be only KK/AA.

As played I would just fold the flop. You're out of position against someone who's taken aggressive actions at every opportunity and are likely drawing to only four outs.

I think you played the turn and river fine.

Old
Fri Dec 20, 2013, 02:32 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2013
BronzeStar
yes , i was also unhappy with my preflop call , and not very much happy with postflop call but since i went to flop, the calll on flop wasnt super-extra bad but still prob not very profitable

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com