Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Dodgy dongle

Old
Dodgy dongle - Fri Dec 20, 2013, 10:17 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011
Living in a truck, on an orchard, I have no alternative but to be on a mobile connection. A very bad mobile connection, as anyone unfortunate enough to be on a table with me will agree.

When it comes to watching training videos I'm really knackered. I get to watch the first 5 or 10 minutes (if I'm lucky) before the connection drops out and I have to start all over again. I can have 7 or 8 goes at it and still never get to the end. Very annoying and expensive. MB's are not cheap.

So, is there anyway of downloading lots of videos in one go and watching them later? This would make all my freinds with home based broadband very happy as they'd get to see me much more often.

Cheers

Old
Yes there is - Fri Dec 20, 2013, 11:33 AM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2013
I use Flash Video Downloader for Firefox so I can watch them from the comfort of my TV.

Old
Fri Dec 20, 2013, 12:02 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2011
Another PSO member told me this (forget who )

If you right click on the page where the video is, click on "View Page Source"

Press Ctrl+ F (find on page)

and type, .mp4 into the search box.

It will come up with a link to the actual video where you can download from there. Beware though, these new Pokerbites videos are several videos long so you'll have to download each if you want to watch the complete video.

HTH

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 20, 2013, 08:31 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveisnot View Post
Living in a truck, on an orchard, I have no alternative but to be on a mobile connection. A very bad mobile connection, as anyone unfortunate enough to be on a table with me will agree.
Does that mean you're back in India for the Winter this year? Were you at the beach there or something? Guess that's the silver lining to your internet woes, if they're happening on a warm beach off the coast of the Indian Ocean

Old
Sat Dec 21, 2013, 05:59 AM
(#5)
Since: Jan 2011
@ KGClarke and Ovalman. Cheers! They both sound promising Was expecting a straight no.

Now, can I visit people with my laptop under my arm at this time of the year? Maybe I'd better buy some cards.

@ Sam. No. I'd be in a coconut grove rather than an orchard and not in my truck, although I will get around to driving it there one day.

I'm stuck in England for the winter. Didn't work hard enough over the summer. Really, really missing India.

Old
Sun Dec 22, 2013, 08:13 PM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2010
only 2 things i can suggest m8 is switch everything off except your download(obviously), and other is if any peeps here close to where you are and download them and burn them on a disc for you.
not sure if this helps at all .

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com