Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL 6-max Zoom AQo OOP

Old
10NL 6-max Zoom AQo OOP - Fri Dec 20, 2013, 08:48 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, villain is 19/14/2 over 263 hands.

Should we check call the river or bet for value ?

When we get raised on the river, it's a clear fold ?

Cheers!

Old
Sat Dec 21, 2013, 10:43 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
I think you played the hand spot on until the river.

You did absolutely the right thing in value betting your top two pair - you're going to often get called by AK, AJ, worse 2 pairs.

I think this river is a bet/fold against a TAGgish villain - even though you're getting such an awesome price.

I can't see villain min-raising with worse two pairs on such a scary river. However I can see him min-raising and not shoving with flopped sets, 44 and A4. I can't really think of a flush that makes any sense. He's probably scared of the flush which is why he didn't shove.

Old
Sat Dec 21, 2013, 10:48 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2012
Do you really think he's raising with worse when you bomb the river on such a scary board?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com