(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
Bet turn, bet river.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 21, 2013, 04:41 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2013
Why are you checking flop and turn? That is just horrible.

Old
Sat Dec 21, 2013, 06:34 PM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
As the others pointed out, you played this hand really passive and it cost you quite a lot of potential value.

I actually don't mind check/calling the flop. You can't rule out QQ-AA or sets from V4's range and I don't really fancy betting into him with one other villain still also yet to act.

However once it's checked around I think you must start betting for value. Everyone has had a chance to act and V2 chose not to lead after seeing V4 check. Therefore you should bet about $0.40 to get value from 6x, 3x, flush draws, straight draws, maybe and 8x and lower PPs.

As played, V4 did your value betting for you. I think check-raising is possible but it's such a strange line to take. I wouldn't know how to react to this if I was V4 but I'd be inclined to raise as your actions make little sense.

Anyway as played, all the draws (except 79) have missed so I would absolutely bet this river for value, I'd probably make it $0.99. Again, someone else does your value betting for you so at least you get paid something.

The key to beating microstakes - Value, Value, Value!

Old
Sun Dec 22, 2013, 05:45 AM
(#5)
Since: Dec 2013
is it good to still check turn and lead out river if it comes safe card like that?
cuz im getting horrible river cards all the time which for example here will be or and i will definitely have to fold such river and if i bet turn big, i would have to checkfold such river (especially when both call turn) and would lose so much..

it just happens to me crazy amount of time like i had , reraised preflop and flop comes
and i go like big bet flop+turn and river comes and im like and checkfold

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com