Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL 6Max - Firing 3 Big Barrels

Old
25NL 6Max - Firing 3 Big Barrels - Sat Dec 21, 2013, 12:36 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2010

Villain: 26/21. (405 hands) Fold to 3Bet: 64% Fold to F CBet: 43%.

Villain seems to be a regular but on tilt as he's lost a couple of big pots against fish who've sucked out.

We've also played a couple of big pots with this guy earlier. We three-barreled a 3Bet pot OOP on a really wet board and he folded on the river. We also had a 3Bet pot where we fired one barrel and then gave up.

I didn't think villain would be able to continue with Jx/Tx vs all this action and felt he would be capable of folding vulnerable one pair hands. I also doubt this was a slowplayed monster.

Any thoughts please?

Old
Sat Dec 21, 2013, 08:42 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi spand,

Even being on tilt I think flatting in position is superior to 3-betting pre with AQo. He's probably not tilting enough to call this OOP with AT or QJ, but if he makes top pair with a kicker problem on the flop he may be reluctant to give up and may be prone to overplay it for "protection" given the source of his tilt. So I really want to keep all that stuff in and play in position on him here with a good depth of money.

As played, definitely am checking back this turn and taking a free card. The guy called the flop, so he's got something, and is on tilt, so he's not letting it go. Check it back on the turn and give up blank rivers imo.

He might normally be a good target for the type of play you're running here with the river shove, but on tilt he's not. Also, size your flop and turn bets bigger to set up a better river shove when you do have a good spot/opponent for this play.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com