Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl 6 max zoom AKo

Old
2nl 6 max zoom AKo - Sat Dec 21, 2013, 12:43 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2011

AKo tough spot, just call OTT re evaluate river?

Ads

Old
Sat Dec 21, 2013, 03:19 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
Hi ads,

I think you're assessment in hindsight OTT is about right.

I think villain might have a pretty wide donkbetting range OTF on such a wet board, I can see him donking a flush draw, Jx, he might even play his strong hands like flopped two pair/sets/straights like this because he doesn't want to see any scary cards OTT or OTR.

By raising like this you are mostly value-owning yourself, worse hands like Jx or worse Kx will likely fold and better two pair + will call. However you might also get called by pair + draw hands particularly if they've turned a diamond draw e.g. KQdd.

If you just call the turn, villain is likely to give up or bet small OTR with his missed draws so you can get to showdown much cheaper. If he shoves the river and we don't improve, I'd just fold.

Old
Sat Dec 21, 2013, 03:39 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2013
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and you were unlucky he hit his miracle flop.

However, you can not just flat that flop, ever.

Old
Sat Dec 21, 2013, 03:55 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2011
I'm stationing to the river. You're way ahead or way behind, so keep the pot small by calling. If stacks were deeper, I'd probably fold to a big river bet if it's a heart, ten, or pairs the board.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Dec 21, 2013, 04:40 PM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2012
At 2NL an odd stack/rec player donks a wet board in a 3bet pot when i'm at the top of my range? I'm going in in the flop almost always unless the guy is a passive nit.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com