Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[CL] Bankroll Builder | |

Old
Arrow
[CL] Bankroll Builder | | - Sat Dec 21, 2013, 03:58 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
SilverStar
Hi there!
I'm starting a Bankroll Builder here...
I'm new at Poker Stars, but I played Texas Hold'em for few years....
I want to take part in the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Old
Sat Dec 21, 2013, 05:03 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 22, 2013, 07:05 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Nice hand, nice pot! :) - Tue Dec 24, 2013, 05:52 AM
(#4)
SilverStar

I think it was a good hand for me. I had Qc, Js, and the flop was As, Th, Tc, so a very little possibilities for flash. I was only affraid of Full House. A looking for K on turn or river, and it came on turn. My opponent has Ad 9c.

Actually, this hand is from PokerSchool Open Skill Tournament, from today. I hope it's not a problem that I posted hand from tournament and not from Play Money game...

Old
Tue Dec 24, 2013, 05:59 AM
(#5)
SilverStar
Now I passed the three steps as you told me.
1) Watched the videos,
2) Posted a hand history, but from the PokerSchool Open Skill Tournament, not a "PLAY MONEY" hand,
3) I passed the quiz, with I think 70% percent, but not sure...

I only hope that you can understand my english, couse its so fluent...

Old
Tue Dec 24, 2013, 07:06 AM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
Please Note: Due to the holiday period please allow extra time for your Bankroll Builder reply from the Team. We will reply to your thread on December 27th.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 26, 2013, 04:36 PM
(#7)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

Sitting on a 15bb stack depth we are just to short to be playing psot flop poker, unless this was a heads table they maybe there might be some room to do so. I'd prefer closing the action by raising all in to squeeze out villain1 and be in a coinflip situation versus villain6. Plus, we can win the pot uncontested by raising all in...meaning they all fold.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Thu Dec 26, 2013, 04:44 PM
(#8)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks completed and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Old
Thu Dec 26, 2013, 08:01 PM
(#9)
SilverStar
Hello there...
here's my first hand on real money cash game, and I lost it, but I think that I played well.

I had Ah4s, and I choice to pay 0,08$ pre-flop raise to see the flop. In that moment there were two more players. The pot was 0,29$ and the Flop was Qd Ts Ad. So I had top pair and raised 0,26$ to try to force other two players to fold out. One player fold, and the other calls. Turn card was 6h, so my top pair was still strong and I raised for 0,34, again trying to force opponent to fold out, because there were chances to outdraw me with flash or straight. But, opponent calls, so I was a little afraid. River card was Jc, so no flash but only K missing for straight and I don't want to risk any more money so I'd just checked. Opponent also checked. He had a better cards - Qh Ac,so he got two pairs from flop.
Now, as I writing this post, I realized that perhaps I should calls his all-in or more, and maybe he get afraid that I have a straight. I didn't suspect at any time that he had a two pairs on flop, 'cause if I had a top two pairs on flop I would play much more aggressive than him. So, what yours opinion about this hand?

Old
Answer - Thu Dec 26, 2013, 08:16 PM
(#10)
SilverStar
The players may want to make a big bets to put a big pressure on other player or to bluff opponent, or maybe, and I think most commonly to make a big pot and gain value from strong hand. Also, big bet could be used for protecting against strong draws especially on wet board.

So, I answered the question from a video, put a video of one of my hand, and now I'm going to cash game course

Old
Bad Beat - Fri Dec 27, 2013, 10:15 AM
(#11)
SilverStar
Can this be called a BAD BEAT?

I'm I do some wrong here? And if, please tell me what?

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 09:48 PM
(#12)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

Sitting on a 85bb stack depth in the small blind I'd strongly consider folding this hand when facing a 4x raise. Our hand will often be out kicked by a better range of Ax AK AQ AJ AT etc.. and we'll be at a positional disadvantage post flop. Rarely ever will we feel comfortable playing for stacks with this hand if we make top pair.

Post flop, did you have any reads on villain 5? leading into the pre-flop raiser is only going to get action from better hands on this board texture, every Ax has us beat besides A5 A4 A3 A2...those hands we split with. I would have preferred check calling one street and re-evaluate my course of action on the turn...this is purely for pot control.

Hand Analysis

This isn't really a hand we want to be entering the pot with from early position, several Kx combos have us beat. This is a marginal hand hat will reap mediocre results at full ring. A good rule of thumb when electing to enter the pot is to do so for the standard amount of 3x the big blind +1bb for each limper with value hands. Post flop, based on our stack detph we can likely get it all in on the flop or the turn depending on the villain action, if they raise or call any fo those ttwo streets. This isn't really a bad beat, as thye had the better starting hand pre-flop.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 09:51 PM
(#13)
So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
[x] COMPLETE

2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
[x] COMPLETE

3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz. >>click here<<
[ ] INCOMPLETE
Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks completed and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Old
Wed Jan 01, 2014, 09:09 AM
(#14)
SilverStar
I'm trying to pass the cash game quiz, but I just don't get it. 64% is my record for now...keep trying, but I don't know which answers are incorrect....

Old
Mon Jan 06, 2014, 07:22 AM
(#15)
SilverStar
FINALLY!!! I passed cash game quiz few minutes ago. So, I now completed all three steps.

Old
Mon Jan 06, 2014, 07:59 AM
(#16)
Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Old
Mon Jan 06, 2014, 08:11 AM
(#17)
SilverStar
Thank you!
I been played PokerSchool Open Skill Tournament every day, and in the past few days I had a lot of bad beats. I hope for more luck this time, and patience also, cause I think I loose focus sometimes, and try to win a hand with 2,7 or 3,9 or something like that.
See ya soon....

Old
Fri Jan 10, 2014, 12:03 PM
(#18)
SilverStar
I lost my 2nd bonus, but i forgot to save hand cause I was really pissed off..3 times in a row I lost hand because opponent get flush on turn&river, a defeat my tree of kind (kings, Aces and 8s)....

Old
Sat Jan 11, 2014, 05:15 AM
(#19)
SilverStar
What to do now?

Old
Sat Jan 11, 2014, 07:06 AM
(#20)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceofSpad833 View Post
What to do now?
Unfortunately if you cannot post the hand we cannot give you another bonus.

If you make a deposit at any stage we will credit you with all your remaining bonuses

Regards,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com