Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[CL] Bankroll Builder |

Old
Arrow
[CL] Bankroll Builder | - Sat Dec 21, 2013, 07:22 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
Hi! I'd like to participate in the bankroll builder promotion please.

Old
Sat Dec 21, 2013, 11:29 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Be sure to read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 22, 2013, 07:05 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!
NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.
Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basics Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.
So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Instructions Completed - Sun Dec 22, 2013, 08:49 PM
(#4)

Here is my play money hand, an area I need more experience in is betting strategy, is there anything I could have done better here?

Also, the basic quiz is complete and I watched the videos.

Thank you for this opportunity!

Old
Mon Dec 23, 2013, 09:48 AM
(#5)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

Generally a limping range i perceived as a weak range of holdings, we will have positional advantage on the villain if we can buy the button (fold out villain7) and our hand will play so much better than the plausible mediocre hands that villain5 and 7 entered the pot with. A good rule of thumb when electing to enter the pot is to make a sizing of 3x the big blind +1bb for each limper, this is to help ensure a pot is built and value is made from weaker holdings.

Post flop, there is one draw present on the flop, a flush draw ... we can get value from those combos, let's also factor in inferior high card combos like Ax (weak kicker) Kx and Qx that will reverse float us as they may think they have some high card showdown value. Both of the villains are sitting deep enough to call a pot sized bet on the flop bet i would have used a smaller sizing of 2/3 to 3/4 pot...full pot looks like we are trying to get max value and to protect from draws and it may fold out all of those high card combos. Turn and river play was fine, the stack to pot ratio is set up perfectly for us to go all in, but taking board texture into consideration it's hard for the villain to have a second nut hand here.. If we really want to get called I would have just raised 2.5x their bet to give this villain to really good pot odds to hero call as anything larger than this will fold out non made hands, as stated above on dry boards most of the time we do get called it'll be by high card combos.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Mon Dec 23, 2013, 09:54 AM
(#6)
Excellent!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.
Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game Course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks completed and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Old
1st Step. - Mon Dec 23, 2013, 06:32 PM
(#7)

Here was a fairly respectable pot that I won playing, my question is on betting, and what I should have done here, first I thought I could bluff my way into a small pot, then the turn came and gave me a straight draw, I attempted to intimidate the other player, but got lucky and he raised my value bet after the river. How should I have played this?

Old
Questions - Tue Dec 24, 2013, 05:42 AM
(#8)
A player might make a big bet to either bluff players off strong hands, protect against draws, or put pressure on opponents.

Im just waiting for PSO to let me take the cash game quiz as I passed the basic quiz recently

Old
Tue Dec 24, 2013, 07:07 AM
(#9)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Please Note: Due to the holiday period please allow extra time for your Bankroll Builder reply from the Team. We will reply to your thread on December 27th.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 26, 2013, 04:21 PM
(#10)
Hi,

Hand Analysis

Our hand is strong enough to be raising over a limp, generally a limping range is perceived as a weak range of holdings. Even though our stack depth is only 35bb and we'll be at a positional disadvantage post flop it's best to get the intiative in the pot by raising the standard amount of 3x the big blind +1bb for each limper, this will help to build the pot size so we can comfotably play for stacks on hopefully the turn if we have a made hand. Limping in will only invite speculative hands into the pot and multiple villains, this will make our decison maing much more difficult.

Post flop, I'd prefer check calling the flop for pot control and to keep all of the villains bluffing range in the pot, afterall we do have some decent showdown value on this board texture. On the turn we have a decent amount of equity with a flush and straight draw with one over card, I'd either check raise as a semi-bluff as we have a thin blocker to some of their spade combos of , we could possibly also get hands like 6x Tx to fold or check call once again to try and peel a river card with the intentions of leading the river if we make our hand. Nice pot and nice hand! One more thing, when electing to bet for value or as a bluff post flop, a good rule of thumb is to make s izing of 2/3 to 3/4 pot size (need to take stack depth into consideration).

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Old
Thu Dec 26, 2013, 04:23 PM
(#11)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

Unfortunately your eligibility for this promotion is under review.

If you have any questions about this please send a private message to PSO Admin.

Cheers,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com