Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL 6 Max AQ in SB v MP Raiser

Old
2NL 6 Max AQ in SB v MP Raiser - Sun Dec 22, 2013, 05:55 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2012
Almost certainly a standard hand, and not too much to analyse, but I think I generally play draws horribly so want to make sure I played this one right.

Not too much info on the original raiser, 21/18 over 35 hands with Ag of 3.0, so he is fairly aggressive pre and post but not even close to maniacal. No fold to 3bet stat.

Pre, I preferred to just call, I didn't know much about him and I have a big suited Ace. I didn't want to 3bet fold or GII pre so took this line.

On the flop, without flopping the absolute nuts, I feel I have flopped just about the best I can have hoped to. OESD/FD and a BDRFD. The last one is a bit hopeful but I am still waiting on a Royal Flush.

Its absolutely standard to get it in here against anyone, isn't it? I figure to have so much hand equity against almost anything he is willing to get it in with.

Against flopped sets I still have 40%.

Against top two, its a flip?

Against a flopped straight, its also a flip?

Using the PSO odds calculator, against his opening range, I figure to be a heavy favourite. If I did it right.

Old
Sun Dec 22, 2013, 06:40 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
Well played Bhoy.

I like the flat call preflop against an unknown.

Your flop play is also very good - like you say, you have so much equity even if V5 has flopped a monster. Even if villain ONLY has the nuts (KQ), you are still only a 43/57 underdog, so it's actually slightly worse if he has flopped a set.

Your hand equity + your fold equity with the check/raise makes this a clear check/raise with the intention of getting it all in OTF.

Old
Sun Dec 22, 2013, 10:18 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
Thanks Andy.

Villain showed up with Q8d for a flopped straight. So cant blame him for getting it in on that flop.

EDIT: Accidentally marked this for evaluation again. Whoops

Old
Sun Dec 22, 2013, 11:45 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2010
As it turns out you were pretty much a dead even coin flip against his specific holding!

I think you both played it well - he also has to get the chips in the middle to protect against your draws.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com