Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

woohoo

Old
woohoo - Sun Dec 22, 2013, 10:51 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
So just checked my twitter...

Congratulations! You won Apple iPhone 5s. Official lottery ID: 0075628. To get your gift please write to **deleted e-mail addy per TOS JWK24**

I guess you can play poker on these things?

My current phone goes "ring ring" and thats it!!

seems Artysmokes and brooker10 won too

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Last edited by JWK24; Sun Dec 22, 2013 at 11:54 AM..

Old
Sun Dec 22, 2013, 11:05 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2012
I would not give too much info, just based on the email

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 22, 2013, 11:19 AM
(#3)
I have contacted pokerstars support but think its just a big con, sigh!!

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 22, 2013, 11:24 AM
(#4)
ARtysmokes beat me to it IT is a scam.

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 22, 2013, 11:31 AM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2011
Quite a few of us got this message. I did some research and it's some sort of weird phishing/hacking scam.
The company "iPhone Systems Ltd" doesn't exist and nor does the "National Gaming Board" it claims to be regulated by. The fake company has done similar stunts in the past.

The people running this scam are based in Latvia and have no connection to Pokerstars. My advice is to block/report the twitter account @PokerstarsGive and do NOT send or reply to any emails from **deleted e-mail addy per TOS JWK24**

What a waste of time!

Bracelet Winner

Last edited by JWK24; Sun Dec 22, 2013 at 11:54 AM..

Old
Sun Dec 22, 2013, 01:53 PM
(#6)
Hello Grade,

Thank you for your email.

Please note that the promotion advertised on Twitter that you are referring to is not a genuine PokerStars promotion. It is a scam and we are in the process of getting this page shut down.

Please do not send any of your information to these people.

If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to contact us, and thank you for informing us.

Regards,

Karri
PokerStars Support

Sorry about the email bit JWK

Grade b

13 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com