Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

deepstack hunting/pushing straightflush-draw

Old
deepstack hunting/pushing straightflush-draw - Sun Dec 22, 2013, 11:53 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
OTF can i raise or 3bet or 5bet to allin here?
or when deepstacked like this, is it better to just call to see if i hit my straightflush or set? cuz my 6high-flush wont be good against overpairs (thats what he most likely haz here, cuz he reraised preflop)

Old
Mon Dec 23, 2013, 04:02 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
I think this spot is pretty villain dependent.

I think he preflop 3Bet and raising that flop range is heavily weighted towards overpairs (possibly with a club) or AK/AQ with a club. I don't think your typical 5NL opponent is folding any of those holdings even if you shoved. Therefore I like the call OTF

Against an opponent capable of folding no-club overpairs to resistance, I might be tempted to raise the flop and fire again on the turn. But you'd have to have good reads to this effect.

However I don't really like the call on the river. I don't see 66 ever being the best hand when he bets the river despite a potential scare card for overpairs turning up. I think just folding is best.

FWIW I don't think a river raise is any good, even against a TAG regular because it's difficult for you to represent a 5 when calling a PF 3Bet and full houses/flushes don't make sense with how you played the other streets.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com