Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

TT hows my line?

Old
TT hows my line? - Sun Dec 22, 2013, 01:00 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013

Villain is unknown

Im not sure what i should do on the turn,as played i though the turn was a call to fill up because he bet flop and called a raise so that looks like a draw/ slowplay/ hands like KK.

Anyhow he raises the turn which could be KK QJ KT slowplayed AA 33.

Should i just put him in here i do we like my flat.

River comes a K he bets i raise he puts me in, im like here we go again my boats just been cracked. Obviously i cant fold with the price im getting.

So is my river line ok, i mean i cant just flat his river bet when he probably ent gonna fold his straight to my raise?

Old
Sun Dec 22, 2013, 05:58 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
Very strange line, i think your getting too creative for your own good.

My opinion of the hand:
- your deep pf, make your 3b slightly bigger than usual, and you could actually call some 4b.
- cb, cb, cb...and call any shoves.

you want to cb on flop at you can be happy that the villain might call 3b pf with a good Ace and also there is a flush draw on the flop to protect your set and to BUILD the pot.

Old
Mon Dec 23, 2013, 10:28 AM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by behappy621 View Post
Very strange line, i think your getting too creative for your own good.

My opinion of the hand:
- your deep pf, make your 3b slightly bigger than usual, and you could actually call some 4b.
- cb, cb, cb...and call any shoves.

you want to cb on flop at you can be happy that the villain might call 3b pf with a good Ace and also there is a flush draw on the flop to protect your set and to BUILD the pot.
Do you mean im getting creative by flatting his raise on the turn?

I would happily go all in there if its the correct play but like i said he flats my raise on the flop and then he raises me on the turn, i know i have a straight there pretty much all the time if i raised.

I dont know if his turn raise with top two is good after i raised the flop but the only hands he dont own himself vs me with that turn raise is a flush draw when he has AK. So i was pretty sure i was only good if i filled up on the river.

Old
Mon Dec 23, 2013, 04:26 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Three bet pre then c/r the flop.

Old
Mon Dec 23, 2013, 06:31 PM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2013
I think it’s perfect. Just like people play flush draw. You could bet river too and the easiest value is to re-raise turn.

Last edited by braveslice; Mon Dec 23, 2013 at 06:37 PM..

Old
Mon Dec 23, 2013, 09:27 PM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2011
Readless, I generally just call pre, like you did. I think your line is fine till the turn, but I think I'd shove when he raises turn. If he's got AA/KK, I'm going broke right there, and I suppose QhJh shows up sometimes (but you have 10 outs against that). AK makes up a lot of his range, though, so I want to get his stack in when he has 4 outs. As played, I think just check-calling the river is best, as you're not gonna get called by worse when you check-raise. He calls with a boat and probably folds straights, so just call and show it down. If villain is ranging you, he knows you likely flopped a set, so he's only stacking off with a better boat than yours.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 23, 2013, 09:53 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Hey Mike,

preflop I prefer to 3bet from the SB unless BB was a player I wanted to join the hand badly. You guys are deep enough so you don't need to fear a 4-bet too much.

Like the rest of the hand, would raise potsize OTF (flushdraws, Ax, gutters will most likely not fold), call his turnraise (you are a little too deep to stack off now given that he can have QJ/KK/AA) and just shove myself over villain's riverbet as I think there's enough value from all QJ combos opposed to less AA/KK/AK combos.

Live Trainer

Old
Tue Dec 24, 2013, 02:28 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO-xflixx View Post
Hey Mike,

preflop I prefer to 3bet from the SB unless BB was a player I wanted to join the hand badly. You guys are deep enough so you don't need to fear a 4-bet too much.

Like the rest of the hand, would raise potsize OTF (flushdraws, Ax, gutters will most likely not fold), call his turnraise (you are a little too deep to stack off now given that he can have QJ/KK/AA) and just shove myself over villain's riverbet as I think there's enough value from all QJ combos opposed to less AA/KK/AK combos.
Cool im glad you like my line post flop, seen as you said you like the turn flat as im to deep would you just 3 bet all in on the turn then 100BB deep?

Old
Tue Dec 24, 2013, 03:28 PM
(#9)
Since: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO-xflixx View Post
Hey Mike,

preflop:
i d 3bet preflop OOP too, but wut if vilain 4bet? would u 5bet/allin or fold? or still call? cuz lets say he 4bets to around 1$ and now u dont have very good odds to stack him off postflop.. so from this point of view , given the stacksizes, callin 3bet is probably good ,

postflop:
would never ever slowplay that.. i would bet , 3bet, 5bet , allin flop .. , its dream flop where he can haz feel strong with TPTK but actualy drawin dead

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com