Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

sizingz

Old
sizingz - Sun Dec 22, 2013, 01:15 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
iz my sizing good? could i allin river or did i bet too small?

Old
Sun Dec 22, 2013, 08:03 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
I'd fold this preflop. If your stack was the effective stack size, I wouldn't mind so much. Then again I am definitely on the nittier side

I have no idea what villain is up to when he doesn't Cbet the flop and then raises really big OTT. This looks just like some bluff trying to represent a flush which you happen to have! FWIW I think OTF he'd Cbet a flush draw if he had something like KJdd or T9dd.

I don't really think he has any 2s in his UTG raising range so the only credible value hand he can have is QQ, but this is such a small percentage of his hands.

I think his most likely holding is either complete air or perhaps some hand with Kd or something like 99-JJ with a diamond.

I like 3Betting the turn because however we play the hand, he's going to give up with his air and we want to extract value from his flush draws or weirdly slowplayed Ax holdings. I'd bet bigger, aiming to play for stacks. I'd make it something like $2.20. That way we can easily shove the river with his stack size of $2.83 into a pot of $4.61.

As played I'd still shove the river for value.

Old
Mon Dec 23, 2013, 06:43 AM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by spand42 View Post
I'd fold this preflop. If your stack was the effective stack size, I wouldn't mind so much. Then again I am definitely on the nittier side

I have no idea what villain is up to when he doesn't Cbet the flop and then raises really big OTT. This looks just like some bluff trying to represent a flush which you happen to have! FWIW I think OTF he'd Cbet a flush draw if he had something like KJdd or T9dd.

I don't really think he has any 2s in his UTG raising range so the only credible value hand he can have is QQ, but this is such a small percentage of his hands.

I think his most likely holding is either complete air or perhaps some hand with Kd or something like 99-JJ with a diamond.

I like 3Betting the turn because however we play the hand, he's going to give up with his air and we want to extract value from his flush draws or weirdly slowplayed Ax holdings. I'd bet bigger, aiming to play for stacks. I'd make it something like $2.20. That way we can easily shove the river with his stack size of $2.83 into a pot of $4.61.

As played I'd still shove the river for value.
he took a lot of time to call on turn and also a lot of time to call on river so i guess my sizingz were better than yours, cuz it would be a bit too obvious dat i have flush if i do such big raisingz/pushez OTT and OTF.... betting smaller gives them chance to repush , but pushin for all chips gives them easy option to call or just fold&save and it was very obvious dat i have flush.. its even much dat he called this much IMO

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com