Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

tight fold ?

Old
tight fold ? - Sun Dec 22, 2013, 01:18 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
iz dis tight fold on river? he could have KT KJ TT JJ or Qhigh flush ?! probably not AK or KK cuz he will reraise that probably preflop, and even TT and JJ lot of players reraise preflop so only real hands looks like KT and KJ or dat crazy Qh flush

im kinda beating a lot of things, but still i dont think like he will be pushing so much into so small pot without fullhouse ...

Last edited by NaturoSasuki; Sun Dec 22, 2013 at 01:21 PM..

Old
Sun Dec 22, 2013, 01:24 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
I'd fold pre.

As played, its such an easy fold on the river, you're so far from the nuts. I'd wager a small amount that you were probably beat pre, OTF, OTT and OTR.

Old
Sun Dec 22, 2013, 08:11 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2010
J7 is a really weak hand to open with from UTG. You're often going to be out of position and on the rare occasion you flop well, you're still going to face a lot of tricky spots with low flushes or crappy kickers with your top pair.

You play Zoom Poker - the joy of playing Zoom is that you can fold trash like this and instantly be dealt another hand.

Anyway if you're going to play J7, this is one of the best flops you could hope for - I don't know why you didn't Cbet this. It's unlikely anyone has a king, your kicker likely won't count by the river and you have the J, what more could you ask for?!

I suppose as played the river is a bet/fold because there are so many full houses out there - but I've got no idea what villain has.

If you're going to play crappy holdings, at least play them aggressively and put pressure on your opponents.

Old
Sun Dec 22, 2013, 08:17 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2013
you seem to love j7 sooooted :P

Old
Mon Dec 23, 2013, 05:11 AM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spand42 View Post
J7 is a really weak hand to open with from UTG. You're often going to be out of position and on the rare occasion you flop well, you're still going to face a lot of tricky spots with low flushes or crappy kickers with your top pair.

You play Zoom Poker - the joy of playing Zoom is that you can fold trash like this and instantly be dealt another hand.

Anyway if you're going to play J7, this is one of the best flops you could hope for - I don't know why you didn't Cbet this. It's unlikely anyone has a king, your kicker likely won't count by the river and you have the J, what more could you ask for?!

I suppose as played the river is a bet/fold because there are so many full houses out there - but I've got no idea what villain has.

If you're going to play crappy holdings, at least play them aggressively and put pressure on your opponents.
but wut would call me if i bet on flop 3way? yes u made good point at least some straight draws and some TT- would prob call me there

Old
Mon Dec 23, 2013, 07:11 AM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2010
Welcome to the world of playing J7 UTG!

When you see durrrr, Lex and Antonius play seemingly any two cards, they don't do it with the intention of checking flop and turn. They do it to stay aggressive and keep their opponents off balance because they have no idea if they've got AA or T5o.

Old
Mon Dec 23, 2013, 07:32 AM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spand42 View Post
Welcome to the world of playing J7 UTG!

When you see durrrr, Lex and Antonius play seemingly any two cards, they don't do it with the intention of checking flop and turn. They do it to stay aggressive and keep their opponents off balance because they have no idea if they've got AA or T5o.
so basically i got durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd ,
aaaw so cute

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com