Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL 6-max Zoom AKs OOP

Old
10NL 6-max Zoom AKs OOP - Mon Dec 23, 2013, 06:51 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi, villain is unknown but due to stack sizes and pre-flop action he seems pretty fishy.

What to do on the flop here ?
This is a pretty 'foggy' situation for me. I mean, the hand is weak and the stack sizes are weird.But he could be calling pre-flop wich a bunch of crap.

Cheers!

Old
Mon Dec 23, 2013, 06:35 PM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2011
I would just check the flop. If he has a bunch of crap, its likely that he missed the board.

If he missed, betting will get him to fold, but checking can get him to bet that crap. That's better for us than betting into his pairs and bluffing his airs.

I am not saying we should check to fold, if we are going with this hand check-call, check turn is much better than bet-call here because of all the trouble we have his unpaired hands in

Old
Mon Dec 23, 2013, 08:34 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
But what do we do if he bets ?
Should we check fold this board or check call ?

And if he bets half of his stack and we call, we are committed to call almost any turn if he bets I guess. Right ?

Old
Tue Dec 24, 2013, 10:31 AM
(#4)
Since: Nov 2011
Like I said in OP, check-calling is better than bet-call or bet-fold. I would check-call. And be committed often.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com