Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

bad play

Old
bad play - Mon Dec 23, 2013, 01:40 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
idk wut i was thinking... he had around 50BB so i decided to push him and hope for some big cards or flush draws...
that minreraise preflop made me think he dont have big pair.. but then again im not a big favorite against anything exept for AQ AK AJ

Old
Mon Dec 23, 2013, 08:15 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
I actually don't think shoving is as much of a terrible play as you make it out to be.

However I think when villain bets on such a wet board, he's normally got a pretty strong holding. I don't think calling is a good option due to villain's short stack.

I'd err on the side of folding here simply because I don't know the villain, but I think shoving is the 2nd best play, he might well call with two overcards without a draw. Just to put some numbers on this, if villain's calling range is TT+, AQ+, you are 43%. If he only has TT+ and AK+ in his range, you only have 33%. If you put some other flush draws in there, then your respective equities go up.

So I think folding is best and you only lose a small pot!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com