Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

unlucky or bad

Old
unlucky or bad - Mon Dec 23, 2013, 01:49 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
i know i shouldnt have even call that preflop but still, was that river call good or bad?

Old
Mon Dec 23, 2013, 03:18 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
I'd rarely check two streets here unless they were very trappy. 3-bet then check means there scared of the Ace without a read. Right now I lean towards betting the turn around half pot.

Old
Mon Dec 23, 2013, 07:35 PM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2011
I also like betting the turn halfpot. What are you worried about? You almost always have the best hand. Also, you have potentially deceived your opponent into thinking you don't have an ace, by checking back the flop. So you have two great ingredients for getting paid.

On the river I think you are probably behind, because of their bet size. If they were going to bluff, they would have done it earlier. Instead they bet huge. Also not likely to be a worse value hand for that reason. Tough fold, but this is a hand you shouldn't be checking down in the first place.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com