Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL ZOOM suckout or bad call?

Old
10NL ZOOM suckout or bad call? - Mon Dec 23, 2013, 08:43 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
finally i was making big profit at 10NL ZOOM and then this human comes and takes all my muney away

should have i took another line ? i just dont see me bad here and how loose is that he calls 3bet with J8s and even bluffs+call lower gutshot ....

on the other hand, we were so deepstacked so some suited connector hand can win big pots pretty often since 3betor often haz KK/AA to pay him off... so he might was some good player who knew this and played with that

Old
Mon Dec 23, 2013, 09:44 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
After 3-betting KK, I have no idea why you are checking the flop. Obviously, you went for the check-raise, but you risk giving villain a free card on a drawy board. Just bet your hand for value.
Turn is a Baluga spot. You showed huge strength with the flop check-raise (your hand looks like top or middle set), and yet villain is shoving over your turn bet, because he can beat the monster you're repping. He has a straight here pretty often, while you have one pair. Fold to the turn shove imo.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 24, 2013, 01:30 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
This hand was in the last thread, will just copy the response here:

It's kind of important to start gathering reads, none of your hands have them. Since you're not running a HUD, start taking notes on players at least, it will help a lot.

I like the preflop play, but am not a big fan of the post flop play. I think we should simply c-bet the flop for value, as this is a flop texture we'd be expected to c-bet quite often and there are worse hands in villains range that will peel. And bet/fold at least 2 streets is probably ideal without reads. The line you took check/raising the flop, I don't like because it bloats the pot more than we'd like when he bets, and loses value from his worse made hands and draws when he doesn't bet. About bloating the pot, when he bet/calls or bet/3b's our KK isn't in great shape vs. that range, and now the pot has quickly gotten out of control. If we end up stacking off, it will often be when we're crushed.

As played, I would fold to the turn shove. There's literally nothing in his value range we are beating. Although given what he had, he seems to be suicidal enough to blast it off with AQ here, but we don't have that read at the decision point.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 24, 2013, 04:07 AM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
This hand was in the last thread, will just copy the response here:

It's kind of important to start gathering reads, none of your hands have them. Since you're not running a HUD, start taking notes on players at least, it will help a lot.

I like the preflop play, but am not a big fan of the post flop play. I think we should simply c-bet the flop for value, as this is a flop texture we'd be expected to c-bet quite often and there are worse hands in villains range that will peel. And bet/fold at least 2 streets is probably ideal without reads. The line you took check/raising the flop, I don't like because it bloats the pot more than we'd like when he bets, and loses value from his worse made hands and draws when he doesn't bet. About bloating the pot, when he bet/calls or bet/3b's our KK isn't in great shape vs. that range, and now the pot has quickly gotten out of control. If we end up stacking off, it will often be when we're crushed.

As played, I would fold to the turn shove. There's literally nothing in his value range we are beating. Although given what he had, he seems to be suicidal enough to blast it off with AQ here, but we don't have that read at the decision point.
so should i checkfold turn? tell me exact sizingz OTF and OTT which would u do
which cards u wouldnt fear getting reraised OTT? am i supossed to be always folding overpair?

Old
Tue Dec 24, 2013, 04:55 AM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
After 3-betting KK, I have no idea why you are checking the flop. Obviously, you went for the check-raise, but you risk giving villain a free card on a drawy board. Just bet your hand for value.
Turn is a Baluga spot. You showed huge strength with the flop check-raise (your hand looks like top or middle set), and yet villain is shoving over your turn bet, because he can beat the monster you're repping. He has a straight here pretty often, while you have one pair. Fold to the turn shove imo.
if i had middle or top set should i check/fold bet/fold to his shove here too? and when i had this KK would it be OK to checkcall turn to hit J?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com