Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

call turn show with nut-fd?

Old
call turn show with nut-fd? - Tue Dec 24, 2013, 05:06 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
wouldnt it be better to checkcall? could i call this turn show?

Old
Tue Dec 24, 2013, 10:27 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
I like your lead here on the flop as I think that V5 often won't CBet this flop and you've got a good chance of taking the pot down on the flop.

I'd probably prefer to check/call the turn (to a 1/2 pot bet) here as 87 just got there and villain has no real reason to be scared of a non-diamond 6 if he's sitting with something like two pair or a set, so I doubt he's ever going to fold to a bet.

When he shoves, you've got an easy fold. You're getting basically 2:1 which means you have to win 33% of the time. I think he's only doing this with value hands like two pair +, which you have 18% equity against.

If he's also doing it with flush draws, then your equity improves a bit but he has a lot of pair + flush draws combos so I still think this is a fold.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com