Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

[CL] Bankroll Builder | | |

Old
Arrow
[CL] Bankroll Builder | | | - Tue Dec 24, 2013, 11:14 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
WhiteStar
I'm new to PSO and would like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion.

Old
Tue Dec 24, 2013, 03:47 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzona85 View Post
I'm new to PSO and would like to take place in the bankroll builder promotion.

Please Note: Due to the holiday period please allow extra time for your Bankroll Builder reply from the Team. We will reply to your thread on December 27th.

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Please read THIS just to be be sure of exactly what's on offer with the Bankroll Builder promotion.

>>click here<< for a complete overview of what PSO has to offer.

We will advise within 24 hours as to whether or not you will be eligible for this promotion. Please check back this time tomorrow!

Thank you for being a member of www.pokerschoolonline.com and best of luck to you at the tables!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 07:07 AM
(#3)
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future

First Step

Watch the following video and pay special attention to the tips on retrieving and saving your hand history from PokerStars. This will be important for the rest of your promotional journey.

After wacthing this please play some PLAY MONEY FULL-RING (9-Handed) tables at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

Then when you have that done please have a go at the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

So you have 3 steps to do to begin with and when you have all 3 done we will award you with your first bonus.

1) Watch the 'Getting Started' video
2) Post a 'PLAY MONEY' hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer
3) Pass the Poker Basic course.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 steps completed.

Best of Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Dec 27, 2013, 05:43 PM
(#4)
WhiteStar
How can I get play money chips seems to I have 0.90 and I cant play any games...

Old
Sat Dec 28, 2013, 06:54 AM
(#5)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
How can I get play money chips seems to I have 0.90 and I cant play any games...
Hi there, click on this link for all the info you need about Play Money

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room...ed/play-money/

Cheers,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Dec 29, 2013, 06:33 PM
(#6)
WhiteStar

Did I played this hand right? player ndre.will 7 had the biggest stack and he played agresivly and raised all the time, and in most of the cases bluffed, but if anyone wanted to call he must go all in, not just this hand in almost every hand. My question is what is the best way to play against this kind of players?

Old
Mon Dec 30, 2013, 08:51 AM
(#7)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Dec 30, 2013, 01:24 PM
(#8)
Since: Jan 2012
Quote:

Did I played this hand right? player ndre.will 7 had the biggest stack and he played agresivly and raised all the time, and in most of the cases bluffed, but if anyone wanted to call he must go all in, not just this hand in almost every hand. My question is what is the best way to play against this kind of players?
Hi Dzona85!

The major point with this hand is the preflop action. K5o is a really weak hand which offers no real flop potential. You can't flop a flush or straight draw. A 5 will rarely be top pair. And if you flop a K, you risk losing a big pot to a villain with a K but a better kicker than yours. Here you are early to act. Your opening range should be the tightest from this postion. I suggest 88+ or AJs+. Folding is by far the best option preflop. You just won't win often enough to make playing this hand worthwhile.

Secondly, regardless your actual cards, any time you are the first to enter the pot preflop, always do so with a raise (3bb). This will help limit the number of opponents, may win the pot by getting folds, and most importantly it will conceal the strength of your hand.

As played, your postflop line was fine. However, having a weak pair of fives and a non-ace kicker is not a great hand. The best way to handle overly aggressive players is to wait until you have a stronger hand. When you flop top pair, two pair, a set or better, then you can gladly get all in. Focus on valuebetting strong hands and staying away from marginal hands and bluffs. Stronger starting hands make your postflop play much easier.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Tue Dec 31, 2013, 05:36 AM
(#9)
WhiteStar
Thank you for your answer!

I have passed qiuz and done all three steps. What's next?

Old
Tue Dec 31, 2013, 05:38 AM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thank you for your answer!

I have passed qiuz and done all three steps. What's next?
Brilliant!

You've done all 3 tasks and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

Use your first buy-in to only play the 1/2 cent real money FULL RING tables on PokerStars. Do not play any other type of game other than this. Post one hand that you had difficulty with here in this thread using the hand replayer and we will analyze it for you.

Please watch the following video and answer the question below.

List 3 reasons why a player may want to make a big bet?

Then study the Cash Game course and once your happy have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

So you have 3 things to do to earn your next bonus.

1) Play the 1/2 cent Real Money tables and post an interesting hand here in the Forum using the Hand Replayer.
2) Watch the Bet Sizing video and answer the question below it.
3) Study and pass the Cash Game quiz.

Let us know as soon as you have all 3 tasks complete and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Jan 04, 2014, 05:28 AM
(#11)
WhiteStar

Should I raise before flop here maybe?

Last edited by Dzona85; Sat Jan 04, 2014 at 06:54 AM..

Old
Sat Jan 04, 2014, 05:33 AM
(#12)
WhiteStar
Answer to the question is:
1. To get value from my made hands
2. To be able to bluff
3.To put pressure on opponents

I ve done all three steps whats next?

Old
Sun Jan 05, 2014, 09:17 AM
(#13)
WhiteStar
anyone?

Old
Sun Jan 05, 2014, 09:21 AM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 06, 2014, 05:18 AM
(#15)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Dzona85,

Definitely raise with TT for value I generally don't advocate limping with hands into pots, I want to be the aggressor and come in the hand with a raise almost 100% of the time when I do decide to play a hand. As played though the bets seem small there is really not much to beat here so we should be looking to fold somewhere along the turn or river imo.

Old
Mon Jan 06, 2014, 05:38 AM
(#16)
Since: Dec 2010
Fantastic!

Your second Bankroll Builder bonus is on it's way to you, great job so far.

Watch this video that will help you on the cash game tables

There are three ways in which you can earn your next bonus.

1) Earn 10 VPPs AFTER receiving your 2nd bonus and you will automatically be credited with your 3rd bonus. Let us know if you hit that target
2) If you lose your 2nd bonus at the tables please post the hands where you lost the money with here in this thread. As soon as you post the losing hands we will advise on the next step.
3) If you make a first deposit at PokerStars you will automatically be awarded your remaining bonuses from the Bankroll Builder promotion.

Best of luck to you at the tables and we are here to help you should you have any questions.

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Jan 08, 2014, 02:02 PM
(#17)
WhiteStar
Unfortunatlly I've lost my bonus

I played that hand sooo stupid I know... Player who played against me in this hand bluffed all the time and I was thinking the his was bluffing this time also...

Old
Thu Jan 09, 2014, 12:15 PM
(#18)
WhiteStar
I didnt played other hands that bad...

Old
Fri Jan 10, 2014, 06:44 AM
(#19)
WhiteStar

Old
Fri Jan 10, 2014, 06:45 AM
(#20)
(Community Coordinator)

Cheers.

Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com