Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

AK allin preflop , zoom no info

Old
AK allin preflop , zoom no info - Wed Dec 25, 2013, 05:56 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
is it good to be protective like dis with A6o in bigblind?
is it OK for me to call him like i did?

Old
Wed Dec 25, 2013, 06:28 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
Without reads, at 6 max, and given how he played it, I think I would hesitantly stack off. Especially as being suited gives us a little more equity.

His play is horrific. He only gets called by premium hands the vast majority of the times.

Old
Wed Dec 25, 2013, 10:26 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
Once you 4-bet, then you are committed to calling a shove. If you're not calling the shove, then you turned your hand into a bluff, which would be a pretty spewy thing to do with a hand as strong as AK. (With the effective stack being 100bb, 4-betting and then folding seems ridiculous to me, although you could do it with hands like AT/A6s. But there's little need to 4-bet bluff at 10NL, however, in my opinion.)
In short, if you're 4-betting, it's with the intention of stacking off. If you aren't planning to call a shove, don't 4-bet in the first place.

Math-wise, you need to call $7.70 into a final pot of $20.05. That means you need equity of 770/2005 = 38%. If villain only ever stacks off QQ+/AK, then you have 42% equity so will be slightly better than break even in this spot. If villain only stacks off pairs, you don't have the right price, as you'll have about 34% equity vs QQ+. If villain ever gets it in with JJ or AQ, or worse you're in even better shape.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 25, 2013, 10:54 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2013
Call and fist pump when you see 2 live cards

Old
Thu Dec 26, 2013, 09:11 AM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2010
Stacking off with A6o is simply terrible - you were lucky to find this villain

Your play preflop is fine. I think both calling the 3Bet in position or 4Betting are both +EV plays. Like Arty says, if your 4Bet it has to be with the intention of playing for stacks preflop.

Old
Thu Dec 26, 2013, 10:03 AM
(#6)
Since: Mar 2013
remember to note this player as an epic tard, so next time you see him you can extract extreme dollarage out of his behind

[expanding on that]
this is the type of villain you want to valuetown the crap out of, but avoid bluffing them as they will no doubt look you up and it's just wasted $

Old
Thu Dec 26, 2013, 10:29 AM
(#7)
Since: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouchbadbeat View Post
remember to note this player as an epic tard, so next time you see him you can extract extreme dollarage out of his behind

[expanding on that]
this is the type of villain you want to valuetown the crap out of, but avoid bluffing them as they will no doubt look you up and it's just wasted $
yez yez i did made note
btw u haz so many starz under ur name dat it made me dizzy

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com