Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

bottompair+FD reraising to AI OTF IP

Old
bottompair+FD reraising to AI OTF IP - Wed Dec 25, 2013, 06:11 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
is my play good? i could probably just call cuz if turn comes 3,4 it wont scare him + diamond wont scare him too cuz he had (but i couldnt know if he haz diamond )

i just called preflop, so i want OTF to get it in against higher flushdraw like but now as i do math i would be flipping against it(so no good i guess ) , it still probably would be more profitable if i just call there , dont u think?

to sum it up, now i think i should have just called OTF and call pot OTT as odds would still be good, or do u think he will fold to my shove OTR?

is my flop jaming profitable here? i guess it is only if he will scare-fold on 4/3/diamond turn/river

luckily i rivered my bankroll reached 220$ today so i have 20$ to spend on 10NL now
( +20BI rule, not a shot anymoar xoxo )

Last edited by NaturoSasuki; Thu Dec 26, 2013 at 02:24 AM..

Old
Wed Dec 25, 2013, 06:42 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
You have bottom pair, no kicker, and a baby flush draw. I don't think it's profitable to stack off here, were behind nearly all pairs, our draw is no good against almost all other diamond draws. Sets have outs even if we hit our flush.

I'd be happier stacking off on flop if we actually hit our flush already as were so likely to be ahead and he's not a full stack.

Old
Wed Dec 25, 2013, 10:39 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
Pair+FD is a pretty strong combo. You're basically flipping with all one pair hands (something like 44% equity), and only in bad shape against sets. With all that dead money in the pot serving as an overlay, I think it's fine to stack off.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Dec 25, 2013, 11:05 PM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2013
I am with arty on this, you know you are behind but not massively and it would be pretty weak to fold to the shove after raising the flop,

Old
Wed Dec 25, 2013, 11:24 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2011
FWIW, it comes down to the maths. The price you need to call translates to equity required of just 35.8%.
If villain stacks off sets, top pair, overpairs and flush draws, you have 46% equity against his range, so it's +EV to get it in. If he doesn't stack off the 8 nut flush draws in his range and only goes with made hands that are top pair or better, you still have 45% equity.

Board:
---       Equity     Win     Tie
Hero   45.59%  45.58%   0.01% { }
Villain   54.41%  54.40%   0.01% { JJ+, ThTs, ThTc, TsTc, 8h8s, 8h8c, 8s8c, 4h4s, AhTh, AsTs, AcTc, KhTh, KsTs, KcTc, QhTh, QsTs, QcTc, JhTh, JsTs, JcTc, Th9h, Ts9s, Tc9c, AdTh, AdTs, AdTc, AhTs, AhTc, AsTh, AsTc, AcTh, AcTs }

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 26, 2013, 11:25 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Naturo,

Readless.

Fold preflop.

Call flop to float. Raising folds out hands you're ahead of and will get action from a range that is sets, overpairs, and overs+fd, you're a dog to this range. We're like 45% vs. this range so it's not a disaster to raise/get it in, but it's better imo to float as we can make our flush when his worse hands make a pair, we can get bluff caught by AK/AQ high later in the hand, and we can sometimes take the pot away from overpairs when scare cards come off.

FWIW, once you do raise the flop, definitely not folding.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Dec 26, 2013, 12:13 PM
(#7)
Since: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
Hi Naturo,

Readless.

Fold preflop.

Call flop to float. Raising folds out hands you're ahead of and will get action from a range that is sets, overpairs, and overs+fd, you're a dog to this range. We're like 45% vs. this range so it's not a disaster to raise/get it in, but it's better imo to float as we can make our flush when his worse hands make a pair, we can get bluff caught by AK/AQ high later in the hand, and we can sometimes take the pot away from overpairs when scare cards come off.

FWIW, once you do raise the flop, definitely not folding.
yez i agree with u that callign would be a better option, though raising isnt worst either

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com